Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The brake light on my v2k is not working using the hand or foot brake, the taillight works, also does the v2k have running lights?, if so they are not working either but the turn signals do. Can anyone point me in the right direction, checked the fuses, they are all fine, and the brake light was working before i put on new tail lights, but i put everything back to how its supposed to be(i think)

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
yes, they have running lights.

Stock running lights are in the same "housing" that the brake lights are in... the tail light. Which you just replaced.

Soo.. since both your brake and your running lights don't work.. and they are right there together.. kind of points to those new ones.

What are they? What did you replace the stockers with?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, they have running lights.

Stock running lights are in the same "housing" that the brake lights are in... the tail light. Which you just replaced.

Soo.. since both your brake and your running lights don't work.. and they are right there together.. kind of points to those new ones.

What are they? What did you replace the stockers with?
stock ones, off of bill braskes v2k, the turn signals work fine, and the tail light, but no brake light or running lights(glad you confirmed that, i was pretty sure my 2007 had running lights), so is that a whole new unit, bulbs, or what? I have the the v2k manual but its for the 2004 vulcan 2000 a1, dont know if they made any changes

·
Registered
286 Posts
Do you mean running lights as in turn signals always on? Then, no. (single filament bulb in signal) Running light only in tail light. I would double check the ground connection as well. You can check the bulb with an ohm meter, and the power supply with a simple test light.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you mean running lights as in turn signals always on? Then, no. (single filament bulb in signal) Running light only in tail light. I would double check the ground connection as well. You can check the bulb with an ohm meter, and the power supply with a simple test light.
the turn signals work, the tail light works but no brake lights whether i use hand or foot brakes all the bulbs are good, as are the fuses.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
apparently the brake light is stuck on

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got it, thanks guys, just needed to loosen the brake adkustimemt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts