Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellow Beasties...

I am upgrading this week to a flashing brake light and a license plate frame with brake light and turn signals. Problem....!

I was looking att the brake light and I didn't see any screws holding the brake light cover on. How does that cover come off? I am looking around and haven't found and answer yet.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey Fellow Beasties...

I am upgrading this week to a flashing brake light and a license plate frame with brake light and turn signals. Problem....!

I was looking att the brake light and I didn't see any screws holding the brake light cover on. How does that cover come off? I am looking around and haven't found and answer yet.
Have you stuck your hand behind the fender?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Jus did mine ..
Yes you can do it without removing the tire !

You can also "jack" the bike up a little this may give you more room.
But its NOT necessary to do this !
Have to admit that I only had the opportunity to peek under the cover. I have a Vulcan nomad,,,there is no way under that fender. I hope it looks easier with cover off in a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will take a look at it when I get home today...there isn't a lot of room between the tire and fender. I will see about putting the frame on blocks to see if that helps.

Thanks

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,905 Posts
Once you do it a few times (and know what your doing..) it takes all of five minutes to remove the rear fender.

It's simply bolted on.. not welded. I remove mine all the time for various things.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Stupidest thing I ever heard of,,well, almost
It isn't. There is a ton of room to stick your arm and a socket wrench in there. I changed my license plate bracket and it sits on top of the light. It took me 100 seconds to remove it and the same to install the new one. No reaching or contorting required. You do not have to remove the fender.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It isn't. There is a ton of room to stick your arm and a socket wrench in there. I changed my license plate bracket and it sits on top of the light. It took me 100 seconds to remove it and the same to install the new one. No reaching or contorting required. You do not have to remove the fender.
Thank you reddog..will let you know in a few more weeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts