Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner of my 750 did something odd ... They cut the end of the levers off, installed a nut over the end of the lever then covered that all up with a leather wrap. Looks like you would think it looks ... Like crap.

I am trying to get that all cleaned up now. I have a new clutch lever that I got on amazon for about 20-25 bucks. Looking for the brake lever for a similar low price. Do any of you know where I might find that part?

DeLorsche
1986 Vulcan 750

·
Registered
213 Posts
ebay is a good place to check. You can also try places like bikebandit.com for a new one. The aftermarket ones are cheap enough.

Wherever you find it, make sure you get the proper lever.

If I recall correctly, the 1986 VN750 has a SQUARE master cylinder. They switched to a round MC in later years. sometime in the mid 90's I believe.

The levers between the two are NOT interchangeable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check some shops if you have them around you. I got a new Emgo clutch lever for 7.95 after tax. Wasn't a dealer, it was more or less a Wally world for 2 wheels.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can get an oem Kawasaki lever at a dealer for around $25. I highly recommend going that route. Cheap parts are cheap for a reason. You don't want to grab the brake lever in an emergency, and have it break off. An undamaged used oem lever should be fine, if you can find one on ebay. Problem is, there is no way of knowing it is oem unless it has a Kawasaki part number on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts