Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was recommended that I do a brake fluid flush. Is this the same as a car/SUV? It seems like I would add some new fluid, apply the brake with the cap on and keep adding fluid until the old stuff all comes out. Same for front and back individually. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's the method I would use, "flush and fill and repeat". That will get tedious with the front reservoir being as small as it is, having to screw down the cap every refill but i don't know of a better method.

·
Registered
72 Posts
on your front brake, generally speaking, once you get some of the new down the tube you can just open the bleeder and let it gravidy bleed. can do the same on cars, trucks etc. been doin mine that way for years. close it up when done and give it a few good squeezes to help bubbles work their way up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I don't screw down the front brake fluid reservoir cap and slowly squeeze the front brake lever to bleed the front brake, replacing fluid as needed. The fluid doesn't power shoot out of the reservoir if the lever is squeezed slowly but one does need to be careful.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
And This

I don't screw down the front brake fluid reservoir cap and slowly squeeze the front brake lever to bleed the front brake, replacing fluid as needed. The fluid doesn't power shoot out of the reservoir if the lever is squeezed slowly but one does need to be careful.
is why I use a vacuum bleeder. :grin2:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you! I actually replaced part of the brakes on wheel and all four wheels' pads and need to bleed the brakes on my '05 Trailblazer also.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts