Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone see movement in their front pads? I get a slight rubbing noise from time to time. I have checked the caliper and it seems fine but I notice when I am riding there is no noticeable movement when I squeeze, I know they have minimal travel but to see none at all? Is this normal?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do you hear the rubbing just when your going extremely slow like when pushing the bike? That is normal. The no load clearance is extremely small so it is hard to see it move. The pads are usually just barely touching the rotor when the brakes are not applied.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you hear the rubbing just when your going extremely slow like when pushing the bike? That is normal. The no load clearance is extremely small so it is hard to see it move. The pads are usually just barely touching the rotor when the brakes are not applied.
This is as I am riding, happens enough to make me concerned. Could it be that they are new? Only 300m on the bike now, I was at first thinking break in, now not so sure.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Disc brake pads are always in contact with the disc so you won't see any movement when you apply the brakes. They don't move, they get tighter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I took a closer look at mine yesterday and can't notice even the slightest bit of movement when applying the brakes. As mentioned I hear rubbing too, but it is faint and can only hear it when I am barely moving. Anything over 5mph and I don't hear it anymore, but I have aftermarket pipes too. I would do a couple hard stops to put some heat into the pads and see if it goes away. If not, I would just take it in for a warranty check since it's free anyhow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took a closer look at mine yesterday and can't notice even the slightest bit of movement when applying the brakes. As mentioned I hear rubbing too, but it is faint and can only hear it when I am barely moving. Anything over 5mph and I don't hear it anymore, but I have aftermarket pipes too. I would do a couple hard stops to put some heat into the pads and see if it goes away. If not, I would just take it in for a warranty check since it's free anyhow.
Calling them today, thx.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts