Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Registered
274 Posts
bite the tire. if it pulls out a filling or your dentures, that's the right one. :LOL:
all kidding aside, i would ask the manufacturer, my local bike shop, scour the web for reviews.
I bet there isn't a bike shop I know of that would have a clue on this ! The last time I had new tyres fitted on my last vn900 about 8 years ago, I asked for Bridgestone and they fitted Dunlop anyway !!!

· Registered
1,306 Posts
Do your research but also consider any reviews with a grain of salt.
The reviews on the dunlop elite 4s were all good nothing bad but these tires REALLY SUCK.
Had to ride in a rain storm this last Saturday. Making a turn at low speed no debris/oil on the road just wet and semi cold 55 degrees F. The FRAKING front tire slipped and i almost went down. GOD I HATE THESE TIRES. No reason is should have slipped.

· Registered
353 Posts
The FRAKING front tire slipped and i almost went down. GOD I HATE THESE TIRES. No reason is should have slipped.
nightmare fuel for sure! i can't think of too many things that will tighten your pucker string quicker than that. one of the things that get alot of people is the painted crosswalks and turn arrows. when wet, those things are slippery af.
i've skipped the rear tire about 8" or so on gravel and sticks in the road, even that isn't as un nerving as plowing the front.

· Registered
1,306 Posts
Yea i wish there was something on the road to blame considering the cost of these tires but unfortunately is was clean black pavement, Not New not super old.
I have also had the rear slip a couple of times now so disappointed with these tires, they may better on a heavier bike but for the 900 they are too hard for the weight of the bike and dangerous.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts