Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The wife and I had been talking about doing it for over a year, then our apartment complex decided to raise our rent in November and we decided we've had enough. Escrow was supposed to close today, now they say it will close tomorrow, either way we will be moving our stuff in this week. And our mortgage payment will actually be more than $300 LESS than we were paying for rent.

The wife wants lots of animals, I want a place where I'm not bothered by her animals, so it all works out :)

And this is just the backyard.

View from (not quite) the back fence.

Two lonely palm trees. We're keeping them.

To be continued... (15 image limit)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Congratulations! Buying a house is about the biggest financial commitment most of us make! And from the pictures, I see a small tractor in someone's future ...

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Home ownership can be a blessing and a thorn all at the same time. But I feel it is the better option. Just save that extra $300 a month for a while to create you a slush fund for any repairs. You can just phone the landlord and say "my roof is leaking" any more.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Congrats! Looks great!

·
BOTM Winner, April 2014
786 Posts
Congrats on the purchase of your home. Home ownership can be a blessing and a thorn all at the same time. :confused: Having your own home is great but Personally, I feel its HIGHLY overrated. :rolleyes: Theres always something to do that takes away from perfectly good riding time...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol well actually in that respect, there is PLENTY of good riding in the Riverside/San Diego county area which is a few miles away down back roads. In our old apartment, it was about an hour on the freeway before we would get anywhere interesting.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts