Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I love my 900 but found my self looking for 6th gear way to much. I was gonna wait for my 30th BDAY to make another purchase but found this beauty and couldnt help myself. She is currently on a boat making her way here. I bought her from a neigbor island. 2006 vulcan 2000 classic LT , talked the owner down to (drum roll)...... 5200 lol. Thats what i paid for my 9, she wont look the same soon! Ill follow up after i ride her, but i already know i love it :)

Ill be keeping the 9 as well for short trips.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
So I love my 900 but found my self looking for 6th gear way to much. I was gonna wait for my 30th BDAY to make another purchase but found this beauty and couldnt help myself. She is currently on a boat making her way here. I bought her from a neigbor island. 2006 vulcan 2000 classic LT , talked the owner down to (drum roll)...... 5200 lol. Thats what i paid for my 9, she wont look the same soon! Ill follow up after i ride her, but i already know i love it :)

Ill be keeping the 9 as well for short trips.
BIg Sarge, congrats on the new ride ..... just purddy.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Congrats! Nice looking bike. Can't wait to see how you modify this one.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Keep us up to date on what you find positive and negative about the V2K compared to your V9. I'm looking to upgrade to either the 1700 or V2K and would love to hear first hand experience from those with either and the V9.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will post an update after i get her and put some miles on her. The V2K is no longer being produced so i would grab one soon because they will be very hard to come by in the near future.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Beautiful ride! Congrats!

Ok, here's the question: With enough torque to rip your legs off, how long before you're once again shooting for 6th gear? Keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
yep...beautiful bike.... congrats !

I have about 9000 miles now on my V2K and will offer some comments on 6th gear. When I first bought it, I kept trying to upshift to the non-existent 6th gear.... because I was used to a different bike. The engine makes more noise than I was used to and I thought it really needed a 6th gear. After a few hundred miles, I got used to the sounds of this bike and now I never need 6th and never feel like I need to upshift.

I find I typically upshift to 5th around 55 or 60 when cruising... and for passing, a quick downshift to 4th will take you to 80 mph in a flash. Running in 5th gear has taken me all the way up to 110 mph +.... ;)

My point is that it will take you a while to get used to the somewhat noisier engine...and learn to be Ok with the sounds the V2K makes...it is noisier than many bikes...but you learn its ways and then it wont bother you at all.

I think many folks dont take the time to adapt to the bike ...and they go for euro gears and changed pulleys, etc....but I dont think those things are needed at all.

Enjoy the ride !!

Annie

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have looked through the forums and found very little topics on high rpm on the vulcan 2000, the 900 forum is full of them. After I put on my exhaust and BAK it really smoothed the 9 out on the highway. Then i was only looking for 6th for more power. I felt that after 70 (indicated) (probably 63 really) it really fell off, with more than double the CC this wont be a problem. Once I slap an exhaust and intake (and PCV) on the V2K i am sure i wont be sorry. It wont be here till tuesday now, wouldnt fit properly in the container (to big) had to get a metal motorcyle pallet. Its gonna be a long 6 days.

thanks tallannie for your input.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
you are welcome.... and you will not be disappointed in the power available even at speed in 5th gear....that bike will accelerate like a rocket..... :)

I have looked through the forums and found very little topics on high rpm on the vulcan 2000, the 900 forum is full of them. After I put on my exhaust and BAK it really smoothed the 9 out on the highway. Then i was only looking for 6th for more power. I felt that after 70 (indicated) (probably 63 really) it really fell off, with more than double the CC this wont be a problem. Once I slap an exhaust and intake (and PCV) on the V2K i am sure i wont be sorry. It wont be here till tuesday now, wouldnt fit properly in the container (to big) had to get a metal motorcyle pallet. Its gonna be a long 6 days.

thanks tallannie for your input.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts