Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a pair of boots not only for riding, but as daily wear, too. They need to be comfortable standing in on concrete for at least 9 hours a day, not too hot during the summer and can keep my feet mostly dry if caught in the rain. Looking for quality with a small price tag.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
WOW, so you are seeking the Holy Grail of all things boots and you don't want to spend too much $$$? You may want to check out the Original S.W.A.T. line of boots. These are NOT traditional heavy a$$ weigh a ton MC boots. They are geared more towards LEO and military use. Durable, light, protect well etc. etc. Can be had for a couple of C notes.

I rock and ride a pair of these and find them very versatile. YMMV.

Cheers!

Mike

·
Registered
94 Posts
For what it's worth, This past winter I went to Ross For Less(discount clothing store) and saw a pair of ankle, zip up boots. They were a brand I never heard of(R&W)on sale for $12. I thought, what the heck, they don't look bad and tried them on and they fit. I actually forgot about them until a few weeks ago, and put them on for a ride. Then, I wore them a good bit after my ride. Then I began wearing them a good bit before and after my rides. In a nutshell, they are the most comfortable shoes I own. I also bought a pair of XElement boots, that were better looking, but uncomfortable. After a couple weeks, they broke in nicely and are comfortable as well. Not as comfortable as those cheap boots. So, my advice, look around the clearance racks at discounted boots. Who knows what you may find....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Also, if you know your shoe size with accuracy, sometimes you can luck out and find what you are looking for on ebay. I grabbed a pair of riding boots that are street saavy, made my Element I think, for short money and they are barely, and I mean barely used. At this price a riding specific pair is reasonable.

·
Registered
410 Posts
+1 on the SWAT/tactical boots. I've owned several different pairs and loved them. I've owned a couple of pair of Magnum brand (Stealth SZ and Response II). The Stealth are without a doubt the most comfortable pair of footgear I have ever owned. I've done business with this place without issues and they seem to have good prices and a wide selection: Footwear @ TacticalGear.com

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am still wearing the boots I purchased last year for riding, before that I wore typical hiking type boots. These were stiff at first but I have been on rides and wore them for the better part of a day without any discomfort. I am not sure how they would be on concrete all day, but they are water prroof (not sure the SWAT boots are) and they are less than $100 including taxes and shipping if you are not close to a Cycle Gear store.

Plus I really like the idea of zippers and no laces to flap around and get caught on something.

Cycle Gear Boots

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
I have a pair of Milwaukee motorcycle boots. They cost about $120 and feel about as comfortable as a pair of socks.
Of course I wear them riding, but I also wear the boots for church and other dress up situations.
Full length zipper in the back and waterproof. I really love the lug sole, but my wife isn't happy when I forget to clean the lugs and track in gravel......

... ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts