Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. i searched the site, but could not find an answer...i apologize if this question has been posed before.

anyone have any suggestions for motorcycle boots for someone who has chronic foot and ankle pain? probably need to find some with a bit of an arch, and less heel.

thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing we got to think about is what is causing the foot and ankle pain. Then some one might be able to chime in.
for me, it's running and age. i referee a lot of basketball eight months a year...and, now that i'm 51 i just not recovering after the season ends. (mid-may) dang college and high school kids get faster every year!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
for me, it's running and age. i referee a lot of basketball eight months a year...and, now that i'm 51 i just not recovering after the season ends. (mid-may) dang college and high school kids get faster every year!!!

You may want to try a pair of Wolverine Durashocks. They are very comfortable and durable.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I asked the same question after I bought my bike. During the six year lay-off I'd both twisted and broken my ankle. Got me some Bates Tacticals at Dick's Sporting Goods. Above the ankle. Lace up and side zippers. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I wear Bates Tropical Seals Durashocks exclusively, no matter what I'm doing and have for over 15 years now. The key is proper support and light weight. Although these boots are breathable and highly water resistant, the light weight and proper fit are most important. Heavy soles and stiff leather uppers are too constrictive to be safe while riding and in a wreck they're going to allow little aid anyway.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Have you considered a custom made boot? I wear Bates Leathers (Lakewood, CA) boots, custom measured and made for me. I own two pair. Motorcycle only boots. VERY comfortable, little break in. Bates only makes motorcycle boots and leather one piece suits and jackets and pants. Wife had a custom jacket made for her last fall.

Another recommendation I can make for you from personal experience is to have your ankles and feet evaluated by a good Podiatrist. I wear orthotics, though not in my MC boots, and they make a huge difference in dramatically reducing pain and joint degeneration of the foot and ankle. I have been heavy into running and many other athletic activities over the years. The main issue in most cases is the geometry and design you were born with. Thus, orthotics.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Wearing good and proper fitting boots are a real necessity.

Here is a foot of a biker that thought flip flops were just fine!

Asphalt can eat you up fast.

1367990310789.jpg

·
Registered
163 Posts
Got to love the internet

Wearing good and proper fitting boots are a real necessity.

Here is a foot of a biker that thought flip flops were just fine!

Asphalt can eat you up fast.

View attachment 28514

That picture was going around a hunting site I visit just yesterday. It was said it was a Snake Bite. Showed 3 progressive pictures during the healing process and the type of snake bite it was. Go figure, INTERNET LOL

·
Registered
245 Posts
boots

Red Wing shoe stores sell reasonably priced flatter motorcycle boots with high tops and steel-toes. They also have ladies, but I don't believe they have steel-toed. They have vibram soles. Neither are insulated.

We have Alpinestars that go to about mid-calf. They are waterproof, insulated (somewhat), zip up halfway on the side and then velcro at the top 6 inches. They are very comfortable and easy to get on and off. I noticed some a little shorter but still over the ankle on the website.

I have had foot problems, and found both brands of boots to be comfortable. You need a steel-toe or whatever the Alpinestars have (something like airplane plastic) in the toe so you can shift.

Good luck.

Diane

1 - 14 of 14 Posts