Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I saw a post about booster plugs on here but can't find it.
Has any fitted a booster plug to a Vulcan S650,
if so how do you find it now on your bike

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm surprised you cannot find a post about booster plugs. There is actually one several posts down from your new post on this subject. Plenty of info on booster plugs if you use the search tool. Most people like them.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Modern fuel injection will modulate the change and make the booster plug ineffective over time.

The only true solution is completely reprogramming and putting bike on synopsis to create a true 14.1 fuel ratio map; for a 6K motorcycle, not worth the expense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Sorry Tex

Modern fuel injection will modulate the change and make the booster plug ineffective over time.

The only true solution is completely reprogramming and putting bike on synopsis to create a true 14.1 fuel ratio map; for a 6K motorcycle, not worth the expense.

I know you are usually right but not this time:nerd:. the boosterplug is only utilized during acceleration. Otherwise the OEM module is running the show. After 2 years I am still going strong. :grin2:
But I agree that the PCV is not worth it since I am not trying to race the Gobllin. :devil2:

·
Registered
902 Posts

I know you are usually right but not this time/forums/images/VulcanForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_glasses.png. the boosterplug is only utilized during acceleration. Otherwise the OEM module is running the show. After 2 years I am still going strong. /forums/images/VulcanForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_grin.png
But I agree that the PCV is not worth it since I am not trying to race the Gobllin. /forums/images/VulcanForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_devil.png
Correct on the BoosterPlug. That’s not to say future ECM’s won’t correct it. I think BP’s days may be numbered, but for now, it’s a great compromise over the PCV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts