Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
It's just a freebe piece of swag they put in the box. I think it can be anything you want it to be. I thought it was suppose to be a do rag but unless you have a small head it may not fit for that purpose. :wink2: I know... It's in case you ever want to buy a Power Commander so you can disguise yourself while robbing the Piggy Bank. :grin2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just ordered the BP for my 2016 VS. I have the TBR exhaust and one hell of a twitchy throttle. I need to do an oil change, air filter change, and some other accessories install, so I will be installing this BP at the same time. I'll post again on the results once everything is done.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Be Careful

I just ordered the BP for my 2016 VS. I have the TBR exhaust and one hell of a twitchy throttle. I need to do an oil change, air filter change, and some other accessories install, so I will be installing this BP at the same time. I'll post again on the results once everything is done.

:nerd: When you go to change the air filter . When you try to remove the air-box cover the wire-looms are difficult. I think several of us broke the front guidance tabs off:surprise:. No big deal I just hate doing an armature job. :crying2:

If anyone has replaced the air-filter WITHOUT breaking that tab PLEASE let me know:grin2:

·
Registered
904 Posts
:nerd: When you go to change the air filter . When you try to remove the air-box cover the wire-looms are difficult. I think several of us broke the front guidance tabs off:surprise:. No big deal I just hate doing an armature job. :crying2:

If anyone has replaced the air-filter WITHOUT breaking that tab PLEASE let me know:grin2:
Bearslayer, I installed an aftermarket GPI and ran the wiring for it, to the diagnostic plug via under that big wire loom, using those tabs. What I did was took the top loom clamp off the air box (coated metal retainer) and unplugged the connectors from the front relay box (in front of air cleaner) and that gave me enough slack to lift that big loom up enough to get it over those tabs and out of the way. It’s a bit of a pain in the arse, but that loom is tight.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
unplugged the connectors from the front relay box (in front of air cleaner) .[/QUOTE]:surprise::surprise::surprise:

Yeah tried that But in her infinite wisdom Ma Kaw has made ALL of the electrical connectors MUCH more difficult than necessary to release. Honestly I got scared that I was gonna Pull a wire loose from the connector:surprise: ruin the bike , have to sell the carcass on Ebay , get so :crying2: depressed that I had to move to Indiana to live in Toms basement and start taking Women and Gender studies classes and Flower arrangement ... Nope I just broke the damn tab , cussed Ma Kaw and took off to my yoga and cross stitch classes :devil2:

·
Registered
904 Posts
Definitely not worth it then! Lol
They aren’t that hard to unplug. Push the tab down at the wire end of the connector, with your finger and pull the connector straight back. You can’t mess up reconnecting them because they are all a different size. You know Ma Kawi didn’t invent those plugs right? They are used on many brands of bikes and other automotive applications.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
unplugged the connectors from the front relay box (in front of air cleaner) .
:surprise::surprise::surprise:

Yeah tried that But in her infinite wisdom Ma Kaw has made ALL of the electrical connectors MUCH more difficult than necessary to release. Honestly I got scared that I was gonna Pull a wire loose from the connector:surprise: ruin the bike , have to sell the carcass on Ebay , get so :crying2: depressed that I had to move to Indiana to live in Toms basement and start taking Women and Gender studies classes and Flower arrangement ... Nope I just broke the damn tab , cussed Ma Kaw and took off to my yoga and cross stitch classes :devil2:[/QUOTE]

:grin2::grin2::grin2: Hey, come on over. If you can find the basement you can live in it for as long as you live :grin2: You can however share the Garage with my trusted steed. It doesn't mind the well balanced and cultivated company. :grin2: Perhaps we can ride over to Papa Harley and trade in our bikes. You never know they may throw in a couple of free cross stitch classes in which case you are welcome to mine :wink2:

·
Registered
48 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
Very helpful video. I installed mine today, and watching your vid before wrench touched screw helped me avoid some snags (especially the tube-clips on the left side, and the table-trick). Thanks :grin2:

The whole thing took about 30 min. Going for a test ride after I walk the doggos.
That's Great, @GreatScott I am glad it worked out well for you! As of this past weekend, I am 2000 miles into mine and still loving the better control! Where are you located?

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm in Norway. Ordered the BoostPlug on Sunday night and it arrived today, Tuesday (around noon) - nice to have a part shipped from Denmark instead of the other side of the globe, heh.

For the first ride after install (around 35-40 miles), I noticed smoother engine breaking and a much less jumpy throttle. Still a few pops from the exhaust (stock, modded for sound), but very happy so far! Will be interesting to go on a longer ride :clap:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, all installed... gear indicator, DC power adapter, relay plug, Booster Plug, and new air filter. Nothing, I repeat, nothing broken! All tabs, connections, wires, etc. in factory condition.

No miles yet on the BP with the TBR but their will be... and I'll repost my findings whether or not the throttle is still twitchy. I'm really hoping not because yesterday I just about got thrown off the bike with a throttle jerk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Went for my first 30+minute ride after the installation of the Booster Plug....and it definitely tamed the throttle down. I think I was experiencing a tad bit more twitchiness since I have the TBR exhaust. However, I am convinced it didn't buck and kick like it did before nor did it backfire as much. Definite improvement, especially in first gear with the slow turns and not having to apply as much throttle to keep it from jerking. Maybe a placebo effect but I doubt it...I am very happy with the purchase, the install and performance.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Went for my first 30+minute ride after the installation of the Booster Plug....and it definitely tamed the throttle down. I think I was experiencing a tad bit more twitchiness since I have the TBR exhaust. However, I am convinced it didn't buck and kick like it did before nor did it backfire as much. Definite improvement, especially in first gear with the slow turns and not having to apply as much throttle to keep it from jerking. Maybe a placebo effect but I doubt it...I am very happy with the purchase, the install and performance.
That is what I noticed too the first time and really every time I am in a slow first gear turn. And especially moving it around the garage. Also doesn't engine break as quickly which is nice when you want to ride no hands!

·
Registered
904 Posts
It’s not a placebo effect. The Booster Plug works on the KVS. If anyone’s not convinced, return the connections to stock and then go ride it.
To add, Actually, I’ll tell you how decent it is. Before I bought the KVS, I had a carbed bike and the throttle response and engine braking was typical of what I expected. Subtle and controlled. When I bought the KVS, I was bucking around like I was sitting on a bronco half the time. I wondered if I’d ever be able to really train myself to run this bike smoothly. I was actually consciously working at my input controls every time I rode. Since I put Booster Plug on the KVS, I forgot all about the throttle snatch and engine braking. Don’t even enter my mind now. It works! Still has excellent throttle response and no more dive bombing when you close the throttle. My only hope is that it will last.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It’s not a placebo effect. The Booster Plug works on the KVS. If anyone’s not convinced, return the connections to stock and then go ride it.
To add, Actually, I’ll tell you how decent it is. Before I bought the KVS, I had a carbed bike and the throttle response and engine braking was typical of what I expected. Subtle and controlled. When I bought the KVS, I was bucking around like I was sitting on a bronco half the time. I wondered if I’d ever be able to really train myself to run this bike smoothly. I was actually consciously working at my input controls every time I rode. Since I put Booster Plug on the KVS, I forgot all about the throttle snatch and engine braking. Don’t even enter my mind now. It works! Still has excellent throttle response and no more dive bombing when you close the throttle. My only hope is that it will last.
Awesome info... I'm happy with it and very noticable over the weekend when riding the twisties in the mountains.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I installed the Booster Plug a few days ago. My motorcycle went from idling to 2k rpm when you cracked the throttle to being able to control the throttle from idle smoothly up and through the 2k rpm range. When riding with my friend(he leads most of the time), he will make minor speed changes. To keep my distance behind him my motorcycle used to "jerk" back and forth from the engine breaking and the throttle opening back up. Now it is really smooth and keeping my relative position to him is easy. Also, slow turns are easier due to the smooth throttle. If you dont like the twitchy throttle on this motorcycle I highly recommend this product.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I installed the Booster Plug a few days ago. My motorcycle went from idling to 2k rpm when you cracked the throttle to being able to control the throttle from idle smoothly up and through the 2k rpm range. When riding with my friend(he leads most of the time), he will make minor speed changes. To keep my distance behind him my motorcycle used to "jerk" back and forth from the engine breaking and the throttle opening back up. Now it is really smooth and keeping my relative position to him is easy. Also, slow turns are easier due to the smooth throttle. If you dont like the twitchy throttle on this motorcycle I highly recommend this product.
Its pretty Awesome!
I came from a vintage automatic honda to the Vulcan S. So right away the throttle issues were a problem for me. The BP helped me get used to using a clutch, up & down shifting without having to worry about being thrown off the back or tossed over the handle bars.

Did you use my video for reference? And if so did you find it through this post, YouTube search or Boosterplug's website link?

·
Registered
8 Posts
VulcanJoe, I did watch your video in this post. The install is so easy that I was almost able to do it by myself even without a table. I did have someone hold onto the tank while I zip-tied the sensor in place.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts