Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S (White)
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new 2018 Vulcan S and have to admit, I was not impressed with the low speed fueling. I saw videos on the $159 Booster Plug and heard good things and it’s a placebo. In my opinion, it’s an absolute must have and should have come from the factory with it. It went from an ok bike that I got a good deal on and will ride for a summer to an absolute blast to ride and I can’t wait to ride it again. If you’re on the fence, don’t be. It tames the low speed fueling and engine braking so much...it just feels like a different bike. Oh!! And it’s easy to install. I watched Born2moto’s video on it about a dozen times and knocked it out in about 45 min.

·
Registered
Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS 2020
4 Posts
Fitted mine last week. No need to remove the tank and fitted the booster, charging pigtail, relay kit and Puig short screen all in an hour.

I agree the bike is so much better with the booster and I love 4th gear on this bike. So much fun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fitted mine last week. No need to remove the tank and fitted the booster, charging pigtail, relay kit and Puig short screen all in an hour.

I agree the bike is so much better with the booster and I love 4th gear on this bike. So much fun.
No need to remove fuel tank ? Almost all videos show to remove it. Can you pls explain ?

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
No need to remove fuel tank ? Almost all videos show to remove it. Can you pls explain ?
Its possible but its not that big a deal. you have to almost remove it anyway. the difference is 1 wire connector 2 hoses and the fuel connector.This also allows you ti take the temperature sensor all the way to the front and secure it neatly.

·
Registered
Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS 2020
4 Posts

I just removed the three tank bolts and raised the front of the tank high enough to work underneath it. No need to disconnect any hoses. You can then easily route the sensor alont the right hand side of the bike with existing wiring routing to the front of the bike by the steering head.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I put booster plug on my “S” when I had it due to the on-off throttle. After coming from a carb‘d bike, it was harsh. When I installed it, it was instant relief with about an 80% improvement in my opinion. I drove around with it all that Summer and it felt good. But the following year, I could have sworn it felt like it was back to the old ways again? Either it wasn’t working anymore or the ECU over rode it. I’m not sure that’s possible on the Vulcan S, but I’ve heard of other bikes having the issue. Could I have just been used to it? It could be possible, but I seem to recall having moments of realization that it was back to its old self again and not as smooth as it was the previous year. I had intended to unplug it and see if there really was a difference, but I never got to do it as I sold the bike shortly after and bought a Z900. The Z900 didn’t feel as bad as the Vulcan S did, believe it or not and I was reluctant to spend the money on another booster plug for that bike due to my doubts from my last one.
I’m not saying the booster plug is no good, I’d just like to have known if it continued to work or if it died or it wasn’t working the same as before. So for those of you who have it, comment on what your thoughts are on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts