Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a set of Cobra long shots exhaust with Smartpartz baffels and a Power Commander V fuel management installed and went from 52 MPG to 38 MPG.... Not a happy camper..Is this common to see a drop of 14 MPG with this installation??

·
Registered
424 Posts
Let me guess you got the map from Power Commander ! Right? The one thing i discovered about the PC maps was how rich they ran. Myself, my MPG went from 46 to 32 when I tried the PC map, changed it out fast. I got a custom map and am happy with 42.

More fuel into engine means Less MPG, and More SPG, I will take the SPG anyday.

SPG=SMILES PER MILE

Get a better map, one that is actually for your engine and you will be a happy camper.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Let me guess you got the map from Power Commander ! Right? The one thing i discovered about the PC maps was how rich they ran. Myself, my MPG went from 46 to 32 when I tried the PC map, changed it out fast. I got a custom map and am happy with 42.

SPG=SMILES PER MILE

Get a better map, one that is actually for your engine and you will be a happy camper.
I agree. I had a PCIIIr on my old '03 RC51 that came with a map in it from the vendor (Kyle Racing) and it smoothed out the throttle response, made more power but still gave me good MPG on the highway.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

SPG=SMILES PER MILE

Where do I get this map?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts