Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate to admit it but the legs may be going south. Anyone tried one of those bolt-on trike kits on a 900LT.

If so share sources, prices, installation, etc.

I just can't see putting $4 large and up into a kit.

I've seen new Honda GL trike priced at $42,000. Prices seem a little stupid to me.

Any info would be helpful.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Hate to admit it but the legs may be going south. Anyone tried one of those bolt-on trike kits on a 900LT.

I've seen new Honda GL trike priced at $42,000. Prices seem a little stupid to me.

Any info would be helpful.
At a bike show recently I saw a guy with one of those 'removable' trike kits. Basically you install this receiver-hitch style hardware on the bike, and slide the trike kit onto the bike and lock it in place. He had that on a 900. Seemed very pleased with it. He was in the same situation, his legs just couldn't handle his big bike so he got a 900, but even that was just too heavy. It's called a Voyager trike kit.

There's the bike. He's on the back with a lady who wanted to try it but didn't wanna ride it on her own. But there ya go, she's 4'10" and goin' two up on that thing! It still has room for saddlebags as well.

But, that's about $4,000 for a kit like that. I don't know of anything cheaper that would work. The other 'styles' (like the landing gear, etc.) are that much more more.

I saw a V-Star 1100 for $6k with a voyager kit on it a while back. You could look around for something like that and trade your 9 in maybe? Then you wouldn't be investing much at all.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

Do a search on here under "look what i saw today" ... its a complete bike/trike for around $17K .... i feel your pain about getting old, the other day i was offered my first seniors discount .... gees, im only 55:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts