Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just bought an 04 v2k 19000mi , it's got v&h pips a pc3 and hyper charger , I have had it about a month now and it ran great the first 3 weeks , now when I twist the throttle past half way it just bogs and stutters like its on the rev limiter (it's not) any and all help or ideas would be great , thanks

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
You may just have some water in the fuel tank. Do not put gas dryer or water remover in the tank! Remove the tank and empty the fuel out and let the tank air dry. Then take a quick look inside for any damage or foreign material, clean any that appears in there, then put it on and re-fill the tank. If you want to try to enhance the chances of getting crud out of the engine, find an air field and go get yourself 5 gallons of Aviation Fuel, put it in there. Special fuel, not like pump gas. It also has a much higher octane rating, so don't try using it all the time at full strength. You will get predetonation and eventually damage the engine.

Another possible cause is the fuel filter. Try changing it out. I doubt your fuel pump would be going out yet, but that is a possible problem here too. Had a similar problem on my Ninja a few years back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts