Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I assume you're referring to barrel-type springs. There's really no difference. Spring ratios are about the same. The barrel spring may be an inch taller as bobber seats typically use a 2 inch torsion spring or a 3 inch barrel spring.

I have sets of both, purchased on eBay from a bobber build I did about a year ago. I ended up not using either as the look of both didn't fit my application.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Honestly, the ride is no different. These bikes aren't hardtails so the seat springs are a redundancy. That's why I didn't mind letting them go. As you can see from the look of my seat, the springs would have thrown off the lines.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks.

I notice you have a different rear suspension setup (with springs on the outside) and not a mono shock like the stock vn900 has. What is your model bike again?

Post 11 in that thread states you referred to a pdf you downloaded for a DIY bobber seat.

Would you mind forwarding that pdf to me?

[email protected]

Romper

·
Registered
88 Posts
When I say thrown off the lines, I mean the springs would have pitched the seat so far forward that the angle between the pivot point of the front mount would have been a severe, ugly, mess.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.