Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am turning my 2008 Vulcan 900c into a bobber and ordered a sear for it..turns out the seat and mount are only 7 inches wide, which is too narrow to cover the battery well and wiring. Is this normal? Im wondering if i should have ordered the 13 inch seat and mount instead. My only problem with doing that is that the only ones that size that I can find are the Blue Collar Bobber seats, which I love but there also $420 :surprise:Anyone have any input on this? Is there a way to fix my problem, or should i just invest in the BCB seat kit?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought a 13" La Rosa off eBay for about $70 and the build quality is EXCELLENT even though it's vinyl. I thought at some point I would cover it with leather but not going to do it because this looks fantastic the way it is.

I bought the BCB seat mounting hardware and simply mounted my seat to it. The woman at BCB is awesome to work with and she'll give you a great deal on everything minus the seat (think I paid $220), even free UPS shipping if you ask. The build quality of the BCB hardware is AMAZING and well worth the money, if you aren't turning yours into a rat bobber. I put a BCB rear fender in powder coat black on as well. Again, pricey but well worth the money (you can see it in the picture with the backrest/rack).

Here are a few picture of my VN800B and the seat is very comfortable, even after a few hours. Also below is a link to the thread I just put up about building a customer backrest and luggage rack. Hope this helps a bit.

16" La Rosa Black BaSICK White Diamond Tuk Stitch Harley Chopper Bobber Seat

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/56-vulcan-800/268066-custom-detachable-backrest-luggage-rack-bobber.html

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks awesome, thanks for the advice! At the front of the seat mount does it attach with one bolt or two? My mount has one hole to bolt it, but my tank mounts with two bolts so Im not sure how to make that work.. Im wanting to stick with this seat for a while and maybe in a year or so upgrade to a BCB seat and kit. Its my first bike and I'm trying to get it on the road first, then take my time improving it over the next couple years. Don't want the wife to get too mad with all my spending at one time.. Haha

·
Registered
35 Posts
I didn't keep the mounting hardware from the La Rosa seat but IIRC, it is just the sliding frame and probably similar to what you got with your other seat. Take a picture of your tank mounting area and we'll get you fixed up with an idea. Don't worry about the wife, she'll get over it

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just looked back and paid $200 for the BCB mount minus the seat. I looked around everywhere for something, was even going to fab something up, and glad I went with them. Such a nice system and build like a tank.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have a blue collar bobber seat kit, rear fender kit and axle mounted tail light bracket with the blue collar bobber Ford tail light I am looking to sell. They are all brand new.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What about a picture of the seat bottom and bracket that should have most likely come with it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here is the bottom of the seat and bracket. All it came with were these three parts.
Looks right for what should have come with the seat, normally. You'll have to make a simple bracket out of something in between the tank bolts to attach to the seat mounting hardware. Doesn't difficult and any hardware store should have everything you need. Post pics when completed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a blue collar bobber seat kit, rear fender kit and axle mounted tail light bracket with the blue collar bobber Ford tail light I am looking to sell. They are all brand new.
I'm interested in what you've got. Is it posted in the classified section?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts