Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there is no bobber model choice on the forum thought I'd start one. Maybe the powers that be will create one.
Feel free to post pics, sites for products, and meet others who bobbed their bike out

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm waiting until I have my bike nearly paid off before I chop it up, but when I do, and if I don't decide to cut my own fender/struts/etc, I'll use

www.bluecollarbobber.com

my only hangup is the rear fender is aluminum, I'd rather have steel. And, I'll be putting a tall sissybar on it to hold the fender instead of the flatbar they use... my biggest challenge is figuring out a way to keep the bike functional for long trips (packing gear on it, maybe a removable rear seat/luggage rack kind of thing.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm waiting until I have my bike nearly paid off before I chop it up, but when I do, and if I don't decide to cut my own fender/struts/etc, I'll use

www.bluecollarbobber.com

my only hangup is the rear fender is aluminum, I'd rather have steel. And, I'll be putting a tall sissybar on it to hold the fender instead of the flatbar they use... my biggest challenge is figuring out a way to keep the bike functional for long trips (packing gear on it, maybe a removable rear seat/luggage rack kind of thing.
I'm ready to chop mine. The BCB kit suppose to come this week.
I'm not a big fan of their rear fender either.
Here's an idea: when you cut the struts off get someone to modify them so when you go on long trips you can quick bolt them on. Maybe with storage connected to it or a flat platform to load things onto it. You can also put some leather bags off of each strut as long as it clears the bike so nothing gets caught.
I only use a backpack for storage. I may get a leather bag for the side.

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm actually considering only getting the seat from BCB, but using a similar method they use to mount a steel fender blank that I cut it to a custom shape myself. I'll fabricate a similar sissybar (this is what I have now, minus the luggage rack and pad: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vulcan-VN900-vn-900-Backrest-Classic-Sissy-Bar-set-Set-/280526693561?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4150b1a4b9&vxp=mtr) and mount it to the same place BCB mounts their struts on the swingarm, then bolt my custom fender to that sissybar.

Here's the steel fender I'm considering: http://www.meancycles.com/store/parts/view.cfm?partID=213691

The next phase after that will involve me fabricating a removable luggage rack that will mount between the seat and the sissy so I can pack it down for long trips.

That's the plan I have for now... but again, I have plenty of time to iron out any kinks. I still owe a bit on my bike and want to be sure I'm keeping it before I start cutting things off it.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
what about a RAT?

not finished, may never be.. more a rider than a looker.. still dialing it in.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not finished, may never be.. more a rider than a looker.. still dialing it in.
So far so good. You could actually keep the color and put two white racing stripes put a batwing on it and she'll look bad ass!

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
already have these bars from my roadstar. 1.5" punishers, actually are quite komfy. lower rise, better pull back, narrower. also this BW mite fit those MS mounts already on the bike.?
if was to paint would be more flat black. 2 wide race stripes are katz,, butt jus a kopy of somebody else work. would need to think about a diffren theme nothing fancy nancy krap. this is a ride bike not a sho bike. if you skratch it jus gives karakter.

was thinking that a tire tread theme identical to watever tire is on the bike, painted on the rear fender so it was invisible. mite consider carrying the tire tread up the tank and out the front fender.. is a thot?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here's mine so far. I've got my eye on a dished fuel tank from Washington Choppers that I want to try and swap out. Also want to put on a side saddlegag. I've already got the BCB fender in the garage, just not sure how I want to mount it. I want to keep as much tire exposed as I can but according to safety regulations, it's supposed to cover a good portion of the tire. Has anyone had problems with passing safety while exposing most of the rear tire?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here's mine so far. I've got my eye on a dished fuel tank from Washington Choppers that I want to try and swap out. Also want to put on a side saddlegag. I've already got the BCB fender in the garage, just not sure how I want to mount it. I want to keep as much tire exposed as I can but according to safety regulations, it's supposed to cover a good portion of the tire. Has anyone had problems with passing safety while exposing most of the rear tire?

nice. what pipes are those?

·
Registered
941 Posts
This ain't mine. Saw this at the Donnie Smith show this year. Some kids in a school did it. Not sure if it was High School or Tech College program. Front end was wrecked, so they used a Harley Dyna Glide (I Think). I like the intake. They were going to paint the chrome on the jug covers, speedo cover, and ignition coil cover. But after scuffing with a scotch brite pad for prep they decided the scuff look was better. I agree, you need some metal, if they painted it would have been too much.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
fellas need to post yor pix over at the B.O.M. thread so we can have us a bobber month.
is better all the striped bikes go head to head than up against a krome n paint bling mobile. or one them stokers w/every add on known to man dangling from some nut n bolt, reminds me of bev hill billys truk w/granny sittin in her rokin chair on top.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
heres mine...still have some work to do. its fun and cool lookin to ride. i always get guys staring
not sure thats the desired results:eek:.. but if you can get the wimmins to be staring,, well then Hatts off to you!
lemme qualify that,, staring and smiling:)

btw, thas is nice bob job. keep taking stuff off and klean her up. theres a mitey fine nekid lady unner all that paint n krome.

·
Registered
102 Posts
fellas need to post yor pix over at the B.O.M. thread so we can have us a bobber month.
is better all the striped bikes go head to head than up against a krome n paint bling mobile. or one them stokers w/every add on known to man dangling from some nut n bolt, reminds me of bev hill billys truk w/granny sittin in her rokin chair on top.
Poncho your bike is OLD SCHOOL miminalist!!! I luv it I always liked bobbers,when I wuz a young man that was the going trend ,You found a old bike that had parts missin and tryed to take what you had left and make it look sweet,it was more out of being budget minded because of income restraints.That was sum of the first custom bikes being made,guys fabricated their bike parts and did not go to the local chrome store fore a simple bolt on piece.My bike is getting to the bobber look slowley,I just bought her brand new last month and the stripping of parts has allready begun... Check my pulley shots in the gallery forum...

·
Registered
128 Posts

What grips do you have and how do the mirrors mount? Are the end of the grips open/hollow?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts