Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys put your thinking caps on, I need some help.

I'm making the bike into a bobber and I'm currently trying to solve the battery box cover issue.

My idea is to use Diamond plate that will sit on the frame and be bent and cover the battery on top. and use it to cover it on the back too since I'm taking off the rear fender.

For the top, to ensure there is no water getting in there, I want to add some sort of rubber gasket to it or something.

I'm having trouble thinking of how to attach the plates to the bike. I want it to be removable so I can still get to the battery but I don't know what to do. Any ideas? The rear plate can be permanent.

The new seat will be made out of 2 layers of .073" thick diamond plate with layers of yoga mat foam on top and covered in leather and riveted all together.

I need a way to attach that as well. I was thinking of putting a hinge and attaching it using the bolt on the gas tank, but for the rear and where to mount the spring, no idea. And what should I use for the springs? I'm not really keen on buying a kit that's a couple hundred bucks

Below is the style I'm shooting for for the seat. Tools are very limited. Basically no power tools except a drill.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I may make a front fender out of diamond plate and I'm wrapping the pipes in black wrap. I'm still thinking on the turn signals, brake light, and license plate mount. At some point drag style handlebars will be installed as well

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there -

this might be out of point with regards to your post - however did you have any issues with the cone filters??
trying to install them on my bobber and not 100% sure

thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts