Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before and after photos attached. I went with Blue Collar Bobber for the back fender, seat, and lights. 10" mini apes added. I painted the fender and tank with Eastwoods Rat Rod Black. I plan on getting after market pipes next winter, so I just hacked off the OEM pipes because they just looked too long for that style bike.

I tell, I just feel like a bad @$$ riding this bike. It is a lot of fun and rides like something completely different. Almost like going from a Ford Taurus to a Mustang. It was a fun project, but getting it out today for the first time was a blast. Back in the garage now with a winter storm coming.

Note: Lance and Cheryl at BCB were awesome. I talked with Lance several times and bounced ideas off of him and Cheryl was so polite. What great folks.

Attachments

·
Registered
894 Posts
Wow! Quite a change . . . Nice Job!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks good!!! Does it handle any differently?
Significantly. The mini apes handle much quicker than the stock bar did. Also, shedding all of the weight, it is a little bit quicker. The seat is back further than the stock, so I am stretched out a bit more.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turned out really nice. Quite the change from the LT.
It is. Got the LT to ride to work. I commuted a long way. Also got it so the wife could ride. Doing nearly 200 miles a day on my commute was a lot and I wish I had gotten a bigger bike with cruise control and 6 gears. Well, I am working from home now and the wife never would get on the bike. I love the looks of the bobbers, so I made it something more fun for me. I think my next long haul bike will be a Victory Cross Country.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
awesome. what is the comfort like?
I am stretched out a little on it, but it is comfortable. I am just a little over 5' 5." It is a different riding position and it will take some getting used to. It is great for what I built it for. Probably not for a 1k mile trip, though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Really like the bike, a wonderful transformation! Thanks for the always appreciated pics. Keep the rubber side down!

·
BOTM Winner, June 2014, Premium Member
365 Posts
Sweet bobber transformation.
The fender was a nice addition, especially with the matching pin stripping flowing from front to back.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I wish I had been in touch with you before you started the project. The black and red colour scheme is what i really wanted. I have the blue and silver. I would have traded body parts with you, since you would have just painted over it any way.

DeputyLoud, if you decide to bobber it and paint it, let me know! I'll trade you my tank and fenders for yours.

i was going to bobber mine, infact the BCB kits is why I picked the 900. But I'm having a hard time justifying cutting off the rear fender supports. Once they're cut you can't go back easily. So now I think I'm going to make it a nice solo bagger. But I still want that black and red! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts