Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
This is the final “buttoned up” wiring. That left side panel is packed with wire!

I cut the back off the battery holder plastic. This will let me make a much smaller cover and has a more naked look out back.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The remaining wires poking out are for the signals and taillight that are yet to be mounted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah luckily I actually live in Norway and I can get away with a lot of bits taken off. No indicators/repeaters. No horn. Will only have the oil pressure and engine temp warning lights. No switches on clutch, stand or gearbox. And I’m removing all switch gear from the handlebars. And remote front master cylinder too. So switch for that will be hidden too. Lots to think about 😬

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Actually I can too. In my province there’s no bike inspections. :)

It should certainly reduce the wiring! the majority of it is all the safety stuff and everything at the handlebars. If you don’t care about the horn, run switch, hi beam, signals, and move the starter somewhere remote, you’d have nothing left for wiring except the brake light. I hope you at least keep that!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I will be keeping that. Just going to minimise as much as I can. And bring what I do keep as close together as I can to hide it as much as possible

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Finally got some more done. I have just about everything back on the bike now. Last pieces are the seat, rear signals and brake, and exhaust. Then some paint touch ups and wait till spring!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Rear fender will be last since I’m not real sure the one I have is gonna work. But, I’ve made progress on other things.

I drilled and tapped the rear fender support holes to be the new home for my signal lights and seat mount.

I built a much more simple bracket that I think will work fine and is pretty inconspicuous.

I also started on the exhaust by just getting the reducers welded on and cleaned up. Next, I’ll cut to length (they’re way too long) and weld them to the headers, then wrap and paint!

I mounted my taillight to a low threaded hole I found and actually had a matching metric bolt! I had to do a bit of welding on the mount since it’s meant for a much larger 3/4” axle mount.

Tonight I finished fabbing up the battery cover. I’m actually really happy with it now! It’s Bondo’d and waiting for final sanding and paint

That’s it for this week’s progress! Hopefully I’ll get back at er this weekend.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Haha. Seat is just laying there temporary.... and ignore the “horns”... Just there for spacing.

Prettied up the welds. I’m not sure if the larger sections will be wrapped or painted yet, so better safe than sorry.

Obviously the exhaust needs to be tucked in better, but this is more to show the taillight and rear signals.

I’m pretty happy with this smaller, more “form fitting” battery cover.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
When you moved the fuse box, were all wire the same gauge? what gauge did you use??
Not all were the same. But nothing was less than it was previously (I didn’t put an 18ga where a 14ga was) and nothing was more than one gauge off. But I used the wire I had on hand!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts