Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one bobbed or chopped rear fender on vulcan 900 custom. I just bought one and wanted that chopper bobber look but i dont want to pay mass amount of dollars any help or suggestions thanks:):)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that looks good but im not that handy can u buy a kit or fender that would mount easy with original equipment seat etc, or would i have to modify my seat as well thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
that looks good but im not that handy can u buy a kit or fender that would mount easy with original equipment seat etc, or would i have to modify my seat as well thanks
Ya theres all kinds of after market parts and kits, but there all gonna cost you some serious dough.

·
Registered
742 Posts
blue collar is expensive... i am waiting for them to get back to me about splitting up their kits because some of them you do not need all their parts (to save cost) and you can get the stuff cheaper all over.

vulcan acehole did a great job and his bike's rear and i am trying to mimic it now... i had to get a bigger trailer fender since i put a 200 on my bike verse the stock 180... an 8" fender doesn't cover the 200 tire enough.

my biggest issue was having the bike down during the mods... i love to ride and couldn't justify having the bike down for weeks while i tinkered with it --- problem solved! i got a 2nd bike! :)

my trailer fender cost me $22... it will eventually need to be painted, but for now i just want to get it fitted. i got a seat on ebay to match chopper/fork bags i got... total for all that was about $300, but i didn't want to skimp on the leather. my seat is from La Rosa... <$150.

the only thing you will need to look into is getting a welder or shop on your side to help with the brackets and fender (if you need them for that). i haven't gotten into mine too much yet but it doesn't appear there is anyway to "cleanly" bolt on a bracket for the seat so something will probably need to be welded... although, blue collar does have a seat kit that has bolt on brackets... i already have a seat so not looking to spend that much just to have one sit in the garage!

good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts