Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the first service myself and i saved about 200 dollar for myself....lol
so I'm going to use those $200 to get a pair of bluetooth communication headset to use with my wife and also for music from my phone.

do you guys have any good reviews on your bluetooth helmet headset ?

thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am considering a similar purchase although I am looking at a bluetooth helmet. I will be keeping tabs on this thread.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was looking into bletooth helmet too but remember one thing, if you drop the helmet one day, the bluetooth go with the helmet and its built-in i believe. so you have to replace the whole thing....just saying

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have also noticed that the helmets have an issue with the sound not being that great. A headset may offer better sound, that is why I am tagging along on your thread, LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Have been using the Scala G4 for about a year now, and the communications between rider and passenger is really good (I like the sound quality so far). I do listen to music when riding along and works really well, I can even take a phone call, then returns to music. Now I will add with my motorola droid 2 I have not been able to listen to music once the communications have ended, but since I talk with my son on his bike or my wife it has not been a issue (just was anoyed). Since the Scala G9 is now out you might find a good deal on a G4.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I got the Sena SMH5, and I am happy with it.
It is the only system I have ever used, so I cannot give a comparison.

I use earplugs for tinnitus, and at highway speed 65+, I use musicians earplugs if I am going to use the bluetooth.

Scott

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That cost way too much for pair.....$400!!
I found this U-clear HBC100 on phat for $150 for single and Sena SMH5D-01 a pair for $215, but have no idea of how those two's reviews and quality.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have been using a Blinc M2 for about a year now. Love it for music/calls...etc. I dont 2-up, so no idea about rider to rider, however, they claim 1/4 mile R2R. Also the price is really decent at about $100.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found out i had a bluetooth unit with headset 3.5mm plug in.......
i can clip that unit on my jacket and wear a earbuds and plug it in......
so i keep the phone in my pocket, and i could use the bluetooth unit control my music and also able to see what im pressing. i tried with helmet and jack on and all geared up........it worked!!!!!!!! mainly for music only.
my wife do not want me to spend money on a pair of intercom for 200 to 300 dollar, maybe she dont want to talk to me when we are riding??? and this bluetooth unit i had it for about 7 years. just sit in my drawer not using, WHAT A GREAT FIND !!!! safed me money.
thanks for you guys help. good thing my wife tell me not to buy it.....thats why i start thinking, I might have something i can work around.....lol:D

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
If you are just wanting a rider to passenger, you can get Scala Rider Team Set Pro. They do pretty good and I picked mine up and the dealership for $150 for the pair. They only down fall I have found is that the VOX is not good. It is better the set them to where you have to push the button to activate a call. But once you do it is an open line both way until you end the call with the button. And also you may have to get some foam to get the speakers closer to your ear if the cavities in you helmet are big. That is what my wife and I use. They will NOT work for bike to bike. You can also sync your bluetooth phone to it, and it also has a AUX jack so you can literally hook anything that has audio up to it hard wired.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought 2 bluetooth helmets from Jafrum.com. They are Vega full face helmets with drop down sun visor built in. The bluetooth unit is also built in. The sound quality is not that great but it serves the purpose when my wife and I ride 2 up. The charge last about 6 hours. When I ride alone I use it to answer phone calls and listen to itunes and pandora or sirius. The helmets cost $120 each and includes free shipping. They are called the Vega V-tune helmets. Hope this helps someone.
-Art

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have been using a Blinc M2 for about a year now. Love it for music/calls...etc. I dont 2-up, so no idea about rider to rider, however, they claim 1/4 mile R2R. Also the price is really decent at about $100.
My Blinc M2 works perfect for music, its fair for phone calls and it is terrible for Rider - passenger comm. the quality at any speed is crap, Unfortunately R-P communication was my primary reason for the purchase. This renders it practically useless to for me.

SirMickey

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have an over the head headset from phillip for about 10 years......i tear it apart, took the speakers out and stick into my open face helmet with double side 3M tape.
plug into my bluetooth controler and work like a charm, i was using earbug for a day and it hurts when wearing helmet and taking off. now its perfect.....saved money again!!!
but downside is since its not earbug, doesnt sound as loud.

so..........

So for the money i was going to spend on the bluetooth headset about $150
now i just ordered a set of shark 100w all in one bluetooth speakers for the bike."SHKLXV1BT" only about $84.99
now i can listen to music without using headset.....its even better.....i think.
3 day shipping, so exciting!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
i agree with the scala rider team set pro. I got the kit for christmas last year and it hasnt let me down yet. sync is easy and reliable. sound quality is good. battery life is excellent. price is about mid-range but IMO a good cost/value.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Vega brand helmets have ALL the features I want in my next helmet.
1) modular helmet (full face protection)
2) Internal flip down sun visor
3) blue tooth for iphone, ipod, etc. music or phone on road.
4) approximately $100 each

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vega brand helmets have ALL the features I want in my next helmet.
1) modular helmet (full face protection)
2) Internal flip down sun visor
3) blue tooth for iphone, ipod, etc. music or phone on road.
4) approximately $100 each
Are the bluetooth built in to the helmet? What happen if you are looking for a new helmet, than you can't use the old bluetooth anymore right?

·
Registered
76 Posts
All the reviews I have seen for the Vega helmets is that the radio/bluetooth sucks. I think I read that they are heavy as well but I was reading a lot of reviews that day and may have gotten that part mixed up with another helmet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts