Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok need some help from those who have done?What Bluetooth sending unit do I need and where do I plug it into the stock Voyager Audio system?
To buy everything I need to use the Kawi wired system will be over $700 Canadian!Ouch!
So my thoughts are to buy a Sena or Scala helmet Bluetooth system for communication for me and the wife but I wouild like to be able to Pare with the stock Voyager radio system for my FM and be able to use the kawi handle controls.Having speakers or ear buds in my ears should be a better sound at highway speeds for music listening but I want no wires.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I see the Sena SMH 10 has a standard stereo mini jack for plug in devices,so is there a cable made that goes from the Kawi cable connection under the seat to a standard stereo mini jack that I could use?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another question.When you have all the communication kawi cables hooked up between the rider and passenger from Kawi and the radio on, does the radio still play through the dash speakers or just the headsets?Or can you switch between either?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I can answer that last question - When you have the whole kit and kaboodle of the Kawi system you have two choices - Play it through the headsets or play it through both the headsets and the bike's speakers. The only thing that won't play through the bikes speakers is the CB radio. If I could find a Blue Tooth that would still integrate the CB with everything else, I would be all over it . . .

·
Registered
192 Posts
ta-kid,
I purchased the SENA SMH10 and a used iPod Touch Gen 4(I think). I use the Kawasaki Ipod connection and Bluetooth the music to the SENA. Can still use the handlebar controls. The SENA will allow you to share music with the passenger. No FM though.

Frank

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ta-kid,
I purchased the SENA SMH10 and a used iPod Touch Gen 4(I think). I use the Kawasaki Ipod connection and Bluetooth the music to the SENA. Can still use the handlebar controls. The SENA will allow you to share music with the passenger. No FM though.

Frank
Thanks Frank for that bit of info.I will keep that in mind.I have a Sony MP3 player with FM and I use the aux plug Kawi cable to play currently through the stock stereo.An option may be just use the Sony player and hard wire from my jacket pocket with a cable as the Sena does have a hard wire plug in socket.Just would have to pull over to make adjustments.Bit of a pain.One option I am thinking of is just hard wire an aux plug into the rear speaker outputs and connect by cable from under the seat to the Sena or to a Bluetooth sending unit to be wireless.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nickm,
I would think you could use an iPhone as well. Not positive as I use an Android. However, my phone will connect via Bluetooth so I can make/receive calls and listen to music if it is stored on the phone. You can control playlists with handlebar controls, the volume is adjusted via the SENA. There is also the option of voice commands via the SENA to control some music functions. I tried it but didn't like it so I cut that option off.

Frank

Will this work with an IPhone? Can you control the volume and the play list?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts