Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for whatever reason, the parkway is STILL closed just north of Asheville,NC. It's been closed for weeks. Might call someone and find out just what's going on and when it'll re-open. If you're planning on riding the Parkway, you'll need to pick it up somewhere further north.
UPDATE: just checked their website, it's closed for soil slide stabilization, is supposed to re-open the middle of April, which is about now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
According to their website, "The Cherohala Skyway has been reopened to through traffic. NCDOT worked to get a single lane opened around the damaged area.", but there's no date showing when that update was posted or any indication when they will open more than a single lane for through traffic. I was thinking of riding over there today, but ended up doing some other things instead.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I only live about 80 miles south of Telico myself. Usually wait till may to try crossing it. Was up that way couple years ago and people were coming back down saying there was still icy spots and sand on the road. Perhaps we can get together for a ride this summer if you're this close.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sounds doable, Rick. I live around 45 minutes north-west of Knoxville, myself, so maybe we can work out a get-together in a month or two.

The Blue Ridge Parkway is on my list of rides this Summer as well. Hoping to hear some better news about it being opened up fully before riding season is over.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm able to ride just about every weekend, if given enough notice beforehand. Whereabouts are you located, Mark?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Me, too ! One of the many advantages of being your own boss. Or, as the wife puts it, I rule the roost, she rules the rooster.
We're on the east side of Johnson City.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Rode from Boone to where you get off on 16 and head north to Marion this Saturday. It was nice but a little windy.
That trading post store just past the route 16 exit is still closed and not going to open till Memorial day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts