Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bobbed out there custom or classic 900 using Blue Collar Bobber? Who did it and how do you like it? Also where do you go (shop on line) to find custom parts for yr motorcycle?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bobbed my 07 classic using Blue Collar Parts, did all the work myself. They include step by step DVD's which make it very easy, I am no mechanic at all. Blue Collars drag bars are quite a stretch. I'm 6'2 and found the bars a little to far away, so I swapped out for some Biltwell "chumps". Biltwell has some cool handlebars.

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
Now it just needs whitewalls.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Blue Collar is awesome... great folks over there. If you call and get their answering machine, just leave a message and they will call you back. I believe there is only two of them there, Cheryl and Lance. They were really helpful. Their wiring diagram is set up for the harness on a classic, so when I did my custom I had to use a test light to double check the wires before crimping. Not a big deal... everything else fit perfectly.

If you are going to order header wrap, theirs is the best priced I have found at only $20 a roll. It is 2 inch wide wrap and looks great.

When I got my parts in the mail, there was an item that didn't make it into the box, I called up Cheryl and she had it in the mail the next day. Very nice and accomodating people.

Their saddles are great! The quality is amazing and the ride on the large seat is comfortable. I wouldn't get the small seat on the vulcan, it will look very small on the bike.

I just did my build and when doing the rear wiring, I loomed what went under the seat just to clean it up. The kit they send you doesnt come with loom, but shrink tubing. The tubing looks fine on the bike, but I prefer the loom.

The fender on my bike is also from bcb, but I chopped 8 inches or so off the front to shorten it up. I like the look of the shorter fender, even if it does rooster tail like crazy in the rain. The license plate bracket is heavy guage steel thats powder coated and looks awesome with that for taillight.

Be sure to post up pics once you get the bike project going, be sure to post up some pics.

From this:

To this:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I went with BCB as well. Easy to do yourself. As soon as you get over having to hack your fender struts its smooth sailing. Good quality too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a question for yous. Could you raise your gas tank for a more bobbed out look? Not a lot just for a little engin clearance. Or would that make the bike more top heavy? Thank you for the info and pics

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey where did you get the black engine covers and pulley covers or can you paint them. I been looking every where for a black set for my 900 classic.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just a question for yous. Could you raise your gas tank for a more bobbed out look? Not a lot just for a little engin clearance. Or would that make the bike more top heavy? Thank you for the info and pics
I wouldn't raise the tank...there is a lot going on under there with the fuel injection that you want to keep hidden. If you take the plastic the plastic covers off completely it actually looks really old school. I was debating on doing that, but decided to put them back on so I didn't lose them... I lose stuff that isn't really lost. hahaha.

·
Registered
31 Posts
hey where did you get the black engine covers and pulley covers or can you paint them. I been looking every where for a black set for my 900 classic.
Those are the orange covers that were originally on the bike. I took them off and used a scotch brite pad to scuff them and then cleaned them with reducer and them rattle bombed 'em with the flat black engine paint from HD.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Bobber

Didn't want to mess up my 900 lt. I use it for cruisin and touring, but did a Honda 600 using some of my own ideas and some of theirs. I like it.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Reset his pipes are Britt pipes. Bulldog custom cycle sold them too, but it looks as if they are closed down.

Here are some photos of my bike. Its not 100% complete, still need mirrors, headlight mount, seatpan was adjust to sit closer to frame. And I am having a custom sidemount plate holder being made.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Reset his pipes are Britt pipes. Bulldog custom cycle sold them too, but it looks as if they are closed down.
I figured they were Brit pipes. I was hoping that they were something else so I could actually order some, lol. Oh well.

Nice looking bike. Love the green. Is that stock SE green? Can't quite tell. I just checked out your trillogy thread. You do some nice work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts