Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while changing the oil i bumped the wire out of the regulator on the bottom and shorted it to my high way bar. now nothing works is there a main fuse from the battery to the regulator. or does someone have a wiring schematic.
I tried searching but someones infinite wisdom involving the plugin box where you have to enter the answer, well i have mac and that plugin does not work so SOL.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Yes, there is a main fuse. I believe if you take off the left side cover below the seat, the starter relay is there and there is a fuse somewhere in that assembly. I have a service manual...let me see if I can find the specifics.

Edit: Yes, here it is...at least on a 2008, anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I think the rubber cover on top of that relay just comes off and the fuse is plugged in next to it under than rubber cover. From memory...which fails me sometimes.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't leave us a hanging! What was wrong?
IT was just the main fuse was blown i figured that was the problem i just could not locate it with out a little help.
But i do think i am going to have to address the voltage regulator location. I put the Cobra FAtty bars on they came with a relocation kit for the regulators but it puts the wires at a sharp angle pulling on the connectors, the wires could be a hair longer would be all right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts