Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Annyone know if its normal for air to come back through the carb if spinning the engine over with a ratchet? It runs fine besides needing to be tuned a little better and has 165 psi in both cylindersn

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
It is normal for an intake valve to close after BDC, so I suppose that if cranked over with a wrench, some blowback might be norma,l depending on camshaft profiles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool thanks. My timing chains are stretched and im going to replace them, along with some a couple other internal parts

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
If you are taking it apart, go over the valves and valve train VERY carefully as 800's have been known to drop valves.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will defiantly go over the top good. When I bought the bike, the po dropped a valve. He didnt know the valves had to be checked. The top has about 10,000 miles. The bottom has around 60,000. I knew the timing chains were stretched when I did the top. I just wanted to get it together and ride. I knew they would be ok for a little bit. Most likely going to sell it after I freshen it up. I love the bike but im looking for more power. Really wish we had more options in the performance world like you do with a sportster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts