Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some help with an issue I've encountered today riding home from work. My speedo was flashing crazy stuff and the fI light flashed, the bike lost power and the speedometer went to 0. I pulled over and the bike just quit. Went to turn it on and the ecu didn't cycle. I pulled the right side cover off to look at the 30 amp fuse which had blown last week. Fuse was good so I reconnected it. Checked battery cable and it was good with exception of the negative side terminal has broken in two pieces. I reconnected as best I cook with only one side of the terminal. I rode it home and it did it twice. Got some tools and was able connect to the terminal substantially. My question is can I continue to run on just half of a terminal? Also was wondering if I should replace relay on right side (30 amp) . I service my bike from birth to now 43,000 miles in 3 1/2 years. I love my bike displeased help. Thanks brothers

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would probably replace the terminal if you can or bite the bullet and get a new battery. connection is very important to maintain current flow. Make sure the Negative cable isn't damaged either. I would clean the terminals and maybe some grease to protect against contaminants.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would probably replace the terminal if you can or bite the bullet and get a new battery. connection is very important to maintain current flow. Make sure the Negative cable isn't damaged either. I would clean the terminals and maybe some grease to protect against contaminants.
Thanks Frizzman, (I"m a Pittsburgh native myself) and I think I will. I purchased a new relay last night, should have it in three days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts