Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having this problem for the last couple weeks just hoping it would magically go away but so far no luck.
The problem is that the left back blinker stops working making the front go twice as fast.
My initial thought was that the back bulb just burned out but when i went to check it it was still good. took it out looked at it and put it back in and wham it worked !! :)
It wasn't another 5 miles into my next ride the same thing happened.
Don't know if this is a common thing or what has to bee done to fix it. Any good thoughts or guesses for that matter would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
turn signal

I have been having this problem for the last couple weeks just hoping it would magically go away but so far no luck.
The problem is that the left back blinker stops working making the front go twice as fast.
My initial thought was that the back bulb just burned out but when i went to check it it was still good. took it out looked at it and put it back in and wham it worked !! :)
It wasn't another 5 miles into my next ride the same thing happened.
Don't know if this is a common thing or what has to bee done to fix it. Any good thoughts or guesses for that matter would be great.
Thanks
seems to me maybe a lose connection in the turn signal housing?had a suzuki TL 1000 that did that and found a bad solder connection on the housing for the bulb.if its just the one side follow the wire lead to where it plugs in and check their also.hope this helps.

·
Registered
186 Posts
seems to me maybe a lose connection in the turn signal housing?had a suzuki TL 1000 that did that and found a bad solder connection on the housing for the bulb.if its just the one side follow the wire lead to where it plugs in and check their also.hope this helps.
Also wanted to say,if thats your green vulcan in pic,( Im jealous dude)Nice ride.:)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Not a loose connection with the exception of the bulbs in the sockets. They corrode and loose contact. Clean up the bulb and then put on dielectric grease and plug it back in and it should be of no more problems to you.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I once had a cobra light bar on a Honda Shadow that I had to drop a small spot of solder on the bulb itself to get it to make contact......Solved the problem as the spring under the bulb was not strong enough to keep it seated properly. Good luck....

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Not a loose connection with the exception of the bulbs in the sockets. They corrode and loose contact. Clean up the bulb and then put on dielectric grease and plug it back in and it should be of no more problems to you.
+1, front bulbs do it too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replys guys, i will try to get it taken care of this weekend.
And yeah BSE thats my ride, thanks for the comp.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Make sure and get the cover on right too. I have to replace a socket tomorrow because it literally filled up with water and corroded out. I thought I had it stopped, but that was a year ago and I was wrong. Oh well, 50 some bucks at cheapcycleparts.com. Cept I have to tear em apart and run the stinking LED wires in for the Electrical connections kit, ARGGGHHHHH!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts