Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have a 2012 and the blinker blinks very fast on the right side but normal on the left side. All the lights seem to work and nothing is out. Anyone know what could cause this?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Glad you brought it up. My 900 is doing that precise thing. On some cars, the turn indicators are (somehow .... magic?) constructed with a back-up filament and they draw more current when one filament has failed. I've been meaning to replace that bulb and see if it clears it up. If you don't get an answer sooner, I'll let you know how the experiment turns out.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Funny guys. Way to welcome someone.
Eh?

If you're speaking of welcoming you, please note dates of the posts. The OP and I were both puzzled by the same problem about which you asked today, but this thread played out about 10 days ago. My lights, and I presume imwally's lights, were fixed through the knowledge gained here.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey train, did you just replace the bulbs? I haven't messed with mine. Just running it like it right now. Haven't had much time to mess with them.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hey train, did you just replace the bulbs? I haven't messed with mine. Just running it like it right now. Haven't had much time to mess with them.
Yep. Spent about $10 at AutoZone on some 1156's and 1157's and a lazy half-hour replacing bulbs. Figured while I was at it I'd just do 'em all, tail light included. Now I just look like I'm going to turn right, not like I'm going to turn right and I'm really nervous about it! :cool:

·
Registered
308 Posts
this is too funny to be real :}

nice job @trainermb on all aspects..

a note to everyone opening the turn signals: it is very important that the rubber gasket around the lens is properly mounted.
use a little grease or tape or whatever to keep it in place if necessary. in case moisture gets inside, it's going to corrode the reflector and contacts fast because of the heat and electrical current... oh, and don't over-tighten, it doesn't take much force to crack the lenses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts