Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
say what ya want "those are for old guys, those are gay...etc. etc." ,but i like knowing what's going on (or coming up)behind me. still turn my head to verify a clear lane, but nice to have a clue where everyone is and keep an eye on the speed demons.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
say what ya want "those are for old guys, those are gay...etc. etc." ,but i like knowing what's going on (or coming up)behind me. still turn my head to verify a clear lane, but nice to have a clue where everyone is and keep an eye on the speed demons.
I have these on my pick-up, and call them my mirror bi-focals. But, they take up very little space on the mirror. I'd be a bit concerned on how much they block the regular mirror. Did you have any issue getting used to them on a smaller mirror?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are high enough in the top corner to not block much of the regular mirror. The only issue I have is the "objects in mirror are closer than they appear". Like I said, I still do the look around to make sure, but with these I know if someone is in one of the lanes to either side. Knowing distance doesn't matter much anyway, can't tell till I look whether they are doing 70mph or 90mph. Did the look around last week and still had some kid pop up on a rocket doing some crazy speed. Pulled into the left side of the lane, so fortunately he flew up on the right side. He was going fast enough no one on 4 wheels would have seen him either. Passing on the right!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have one of those small convex mirrors on my left mirror on my 900 LT Classic. I mounted it on the lower outside corner of my regular mirror. I don't think I need one on the right side mirror.

BTW, I think that if someone buzzed by me on the right side of me in my lane, I'd have a few choice words to say to him/her if I ever caught up with them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I find blind spot mirrors indispensable and tried many before I settled on MaxiView Mirrors. Each mirror sticks on to the regular mirror and is independently adjustable.
More expensive that the Walmart and the Auto Zone mirrors but I believe they are worth the price.
Would really like to purchase a pair of Saeng Quick Scan mirrors that clamp on the mirror stems but can not justify the cost.
Have thought about purchasing the Saeng mirrors that attach to the wind shield so I would not have to move my head to see what is behind and beside me.
Very pricey and would interfere with my forward vision.
For now, what I have is very adequate.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
If you're talking about the Harley ones I posted, I imagine you could get a standard to metric adapter to make them work. You'd have to be willing to live with the "Harley Davidson" that's scripted on the outside of them though.
I could not do it. Nothing against HD. I is the same as putting a ford oval on a chevy truck. it just ain't right. lol. But the function of the mirrors look awesome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts