Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new here, and am having a difficult time bleeding the rear brakes on my 06 900 classic LT. The front one was no problem at all. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new here, and am having a difficult time bleeding the rear brakes on my 06 900 classic LT. The front one was no problem at all. Can anyone help?
VulKen.
You will need a long rubber hose and a 10mm wrench. Place the box end of the wrench over one of the the bleeder, then the rubber hose. Shown in picture. Put the other end of the hoses in a pan or bottle. Fill brake fluid reservoir. have someone "or you" pump the pedal several "4 to 6" times with the bleeder closed, then with pressure on the brake pedal crack open the bleeder screw, the pedal will fall all the way down. Hold the pedal down and tighten bleed screw, after tightening the bleeder screw pump the pedal up and down "4 to 5" times again. Do this to each bleeder three times One bleeder at a time. Do this as many times necessary to get the pedal to feel firm. If the pedal still fall all the way down after this bleeding procedure and there is no brake fluid leaks, you will need to replace the master cylinder.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
VulKen.
You will need a long rubber hose and a 10mm wrench. Place the box end of the wrench over one of the the bleeder, then the rubber hose. Shown in picture. Put the other end of the hoses in a pan or bottle. Fill brake fluid reservoir. have someone "or you" pump the pedal several "4 to 6" times with the bleeder closed, then with pressure on the brake pedal crack open the bleeder screw, the pedal will fall all the way down. Hold the pedal down and tighten bleed screw, after tightening the bleeder screw pump the pedal up and down "4 to 5" times again. Do this to each bleeder three times One bleeder at a time. Do this as many times necessary to get the pedal to feel firm. If the pedal still fall all the way down after this bleeding procedure and there is no brake fluid leaks, you will need to replace the master cylinder.
AND... don't forget to fill up your brake fluid reservoir !!!!!!! (- Means keep the fluid level up while you pump!) - 'cause you will lose brake fluid while pumping !

Cheers

·
Registered
96 Posts
You might try one of these Harbor Freight Brake Bleeders. Makes the job very easy and clean. And as Cruiserone says, don't forget to top off the reservoir with fresh brake fluid. And also remember to cover tank, handlebars, anything that you don't want brake fluid on...it's pretty caustic to painted surfaces.

And, while you're at it, go ahead and pull fresh fluid all the way through the system since you are bleeding anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts