Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally finished plasti dipping my mirrors, gas cap and tail light piece. Waxed her up and going for a ride in this 75 degree weather. If you want to make chrome black with zero prep i highly recommend plasti dip.

pre wash gas cap pic

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
home depot...get the spray kind (like spray paint) just clean the chrome and spray away. Wait thirty min and put on another coat and repeat till you get it the way you want it. The stuff dries with ZERO wrinkles or bubbles looks like it came from the factory that way when you are done :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Blacked out and waxed up? Yeah, it happened to me too my freshman year in college. Oh wait, you're talkin' about something else aren't you?... :rolleyes:

R

·
Registered
491 Posts
Blacked out and waxed up? Yeah, it happened to me too my freshman year in college. Oh wait, you're talkin' about something else aren't you?... :rolleyes:

R
Been there done that, got the scars to prove it!!!!!!!!!!
Bike looks great, good job.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ehh never went to college .. how bout my first year in the Marine Corps ..

how much of your bike did you black out
Everything but the forks and headlight ring.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And kickstand lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just found this thread. Just wondering, it's been awhile since you plasti dip'd your bike. How's it holding up?

Does this stuff resist high temperatures? Did you prime it first and if so what kind did you get?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts