Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Recently purchased a vulcan s, which has a couple of plates on it which are a silver colour, however on newer models they are black.

I've searched everywhere and cannot find anywhere I can buy the black parts from, I've included a picture below of the parts I'm talking about - does anyone know of any options here? I'm based in the UK also if that makes a difference.

Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah good idea that would probably be easier as I can just do all of it to match exactly that way.

I've just found some Matte Black Enamel spray paint - is that the kind of thing you guys used?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice - thats exactly what I'm trying to do - thanks for that.

Not a fan of the silver colour - so that along with the green stickers will be the first to go when I pick up the bike on Saturday.

·
Registered
653 Posts
For the record the silver ones aren't bare. They're sprayed with metallic flec that lights up under head lights at night like road reflectors. Much better option from a safety POV. I've come to realise some people would prefer to die looking good instead of lasting longer as an average human.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For the record the silver ones aren't bare. They're sprayed with metallic flec that lights up under head lights at night like road reflectors. Much better option from a safety POV. I've come to realise some people would prefer to die looking good instead of lasting longer as an average human.

This is correct, a friend asked why they glowed... I didn't realize they did, he took a pic to convince me. Sometimes people be fixin' stuff that don't need fixin... all in the name of whatever perception of cool is in their head! That said, I think they look cheap. My new helmet is black but in the back it has a reflective base, you can see super small flecks of chrome looking powder in the paint. Glows like crazy when light hits it at night. If I had some of that base, I'd paint my side plates in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had all of mine, including the gas cap ring, powder coated. I painted the ring around the headlight myself.
Do you have a link on how to remove the ring around the headlight? :)

Re plates, what I did was to wrap them with a matte black sticker. That way, if I want to revert to the silver/bare aluminum, all I have to do is remove the sticker :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is correct, a friend asked why they glowed... I didn't realize they did, he took a pic to convince me. Sometimes people be fixin' stuff that don't need fixin... all in the name of whatever perception of cool is in their head! That said, I think they look cheap. My new helmet is black but in the back it has a reflective base, you can see super small flecks of chrome looking powder in the paint. Glows like crazy when light hits it at night. If I had some of that base, I'd paint my side plates in a heartbeat.
Oh... this is good to know... good thing I used a sticker to cover Hehehehe for safety, I will remove the sticker. Thanks for the info!!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I bought black carbon fiber looking decal material. I was able to cover everything except the headlight with it. The headlight bezel I painted flat black. (the paint used to paint automotive wipers and trim)
I like the look.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts