Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my CustomSE for a couple years now.
I punched out the baffles with some rebar almost right away and I was happy for a long time.
But...
My wife put a new V&H exhaust on her SV650S last year and my ears went green. I couldn't handle the fact that her little sport bike sounded better than my 900. I finally had to do something about it this summer.
A little online searching for prices and in a week I had a nice new set of V&H Twin Slash Staggered in black at my doorstep.
In a quick hour and a half those bad boys were on my bike.
A quick wash...
Then a turn of a key, and a press of a button...

DAMN!!!

My life is changed.
Take that rice rocket!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks great! I have the exact same bike and have been eyeing up those pipes for a while. Only reason I am holding off is I use the bike for commuting and I am a shift worker. Would hate to leave for work at 445am and wake up my family and the neighbors.

If you are light on the throttle can you be at least a little bit stealthy?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks great! I have the exact same bike and have been eyeing up those pipes for a while. Only reason I am holding off is I use the bike for commuting and I am a shift worker. Would hate to leave for work at 445am and wake up my family and the neighbors.
My neighbors see my pipes as a benefit. They know when they hear me leave at 5 a.m. the weather will be nice that day. :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you install the "v&h quiet baffles" the bike will sound absolutely delicious, even better than competition ones that comes with stock v&h tss. Don't let the "quiet baffles" confuse you, really aren't quiet ;), only when you install them for first time and run your bike for the first 10 miles, then, like the good wines, will have a beautiful deep rumble.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sound clip to come.
I have a before and after I just have to edit together.

I am also a shift worker.
I'm either leaving my house at 430am or getting home at 530am.
I guess we'll see how the neighbors react because there ain't no quiet mode!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Sounds awesome. I love the color of yours over the passion red of mine. I tossed the idea of V&H around for a while and settled on HardKrome Sideburners. For the price I couldn't pass them up. $230 bucks on Amazon brand new. I would point you in the direction of where I got them, but they aren't on there anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts