Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is what my new H/K exhausts sound like. Mine is not the only one either. I have heard many many big V's that do, including other VN2K's. Obviously it sounds good under throttle, but at idle and decel they FLUTTER. I hate that. I guess its the baffle configuration in a small diameter pipe (1.75''), and for the most part most inner pipes are that size. I know Monster Baffles lose some of that but then you get obnoxious. I don't mind but my wife does. My roadhouse slip ons did not do that...they sound great but I didn't like the stock look. Now I like the look better but the sound is flawed. I know some of the little tricks, but they can come at a cost of more db's .

suggestions? thanks

·
Registered
445 Posts
I know exactly what you mean when it comes to HK.
I have the 3" and the sound sucks to my liking at idle.
But hay, once I get going.... they sound great.:D
I just ignore the idle.
Heck.
I want to get going asap once it starts anyways.
So that solves that glitch.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not so much at idle that irritates me.... as it is when you blip the throttle and it comes down. Theres not as much back-rap as there is flutter, and does the same thing on deceleration from from like 60 in 5th gear. The higher the rpm the less it does it. I am gonna figure out how to stop it. It is definitely the baffles that do it. With baffles put it doesn't, but I can't ride like that.

Its not so much because there H/K's........all the straight shotgun exhausts seem to do it. I am sure your 3" straits still have the same I.D. pipe as mine, they just look bigger.

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
Its not so much at idle that irritates me.... as it is when you blip the throttle and it comes down. Theres not as much back-rap as there is flutter, and does the same thing on deceleration from from like 60 in 5th gear. The higher the rpm the less it does it. I am gonna figure out how to stop it. It is definitely the baffles that do it. With baffles put it doesn't, but I can't ride like that.

Its not so much because there H/K's........all the straight shotgun exhausts seem to do it. I am sure your 3" straits still have the same I.D. pipe as mine, they just look bigger.
Come by and listen to my 2 to 1 Cobra pipes sometime. You will love it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I love my V&H Powershots. They have a deep, throaty sound at idle and are not abnoxious when you hit the throttle..............:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts