Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
2 X 6

Roll up onto a 2 x 4 or a 2 X 6 under the rear tire, then slide the lift underneath. You may need one under the front also, if it's really low. This may be easier than finding low lift options.

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
lowering

Pm me with your email addy. I've got some plans for building one yourself. I've had it on mine for a year now. Lowers 1 1/2"'s. Cost $35.00

·
Registered
52 Posts
Lowering link

Pretty simple, I am not a wrench, but have a set of craftsmen sockets and open end wrenches. You will need a jack to get the weight off the shock, undo the upper link mount bolt to the shock, then the lower link bolt mounted to the frame. Remove and reverse the procedure to install the longer link. The hardest part was material removal from the bottom of the seat to make room for the higher shock position. This took about an hour. The rest is two good sized bolts, you should torque the bolts also, so a torque wrench is in order. You can see some current pics on the VROC site member #5254 album 1 & 2.

Mag44Laf

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is my first post here but have been wrenching for over 40 years.
When you use shock lowering blocks it changes the angle of the shock. This can and will through time be very hard on the shock and could possibly cause premature failure.
90% of the guys I know that use these take them off and go to a shorter shock. This will give you a better ride and increase your performance in handling.

I am actually looking for some answers for a friend. Who is experiencing other than normal back firing.
ddd

·
Registered
319 Posts
shock

going to a shorter shock is the ideal way, probelm is, nobody makes one period. Try to get progressive to do it, but they need an order of 20 to do it. To stop backfireing, block off the air injection ports(marble) on the exhaust side. commmon problem with kawasakis

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone contacted works performance. They will hand build your shocks.
They look great and work even better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts