Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I need some advice and/or help.
I purchased 2 of these: https://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=49-0302
Now then I guess I was not paying close attention to these but now that I look at the actual product it contains 2 lights, 1 halogen and another smaller light which is directly under the halogen.
It also has 5 wires coming out which tossed me into some confusion.
So I opened one up and 2 wires go to this smaller bulb and 3 come from the halogen.
1st, why does this have 2 lights?
2nd, How should I wire them?
My intention was to wire these into a rocker switch like the ones I have on another bike but the smaller bulbs with the 2 additional wires now have me scratching my head.
To add I will be adding a fuse block with a 30 amp relay as I did on the other bike.
I read that these 2 light spot lamps are designed whereas the 2nd light is a passing lamp?
Well any help would be great otherwise I may just not wire the smaller ones to the circuit.
Sorry, BTW this is going on a 2005 VN2000A.
I will be making my own mounting brackets.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now that I am looking closer the halogen bulb is a 55/60 which means High Low right?
errrrr....HELP LOL
These are H4 bulbs and I am used to H3's
I need to research....

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,856 Posts
That's a 4 inch light so I would guess it goes on a light bar. I would wire it high beam low beam. Your connections will be behind your head light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts