Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for some biker specific jeans and see several companies with them. Some have inserts while others are made with kevlar. Noticed a company in Hickory, NC with a factory store outlet. What do you guys wear? I see only one post for over pants. I'd like jeans with inserts or extra padding on vulnerable points. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
These don't look too bad for motorcycle jeans....fairly normal looking I think, anyway.

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...cle_jeans.html

What I'm wearing depends. Usually, just out tooling around the boonies on the Vulcan I generally wear plain old jeans. If I'm on the crotch rocket with intent to run'em to the edge then I wear some textile/Rock Tex over pants with soft armor in the knees and padded hips, these zip to the leather jacket that has some armor and padding as well.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
draggin jeanes

Yes, I saw the draggin' jeans and they were the ones with the store in Hickory, NC. Didn't realize you wore them over regular jeans, which I wear. Two layers of jeans, in the hot south east? I thought they were just heavy duty jeans with inserts or padding. May have to take a ride up to their factory outlet store and try some on. Yes, some of the biker pants look (and as I must be politically correct here) dumb/stupid. Don't want to order on line and get in some prissy looking pants only to have to return them. That's why I sought after advice from you guys.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
I have some "dragging Jeans' and just wear them, never over any other jeans, they have a lot of Kevlar in them, thus not a lot of air passes through the materials and thus are a lot hotter than regular jeans, but a lot more protections, so here in the Texas heat, I never will wear them over any other jeans.

·
Banned
334 Posts
+1 for Draggin' Jeans. Very high quality, and they look and work just like regular jeans. You don't wear them over other pants.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. Checked them all out. Hard to decide. Ordered a pair of Draggin this morning, talked to them personally, shipped today and already received a tracking notice. Might be here tomorrow. Also ordered the inserts for hips and knees.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wifey wears Draggin' Jeans......and I think they look great!
I have a pair of Icon's that I like, but can't wear them every time i ride....they need to get washed sooner or later!

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Check the latest Motorcycle Consumer News (I think it is the latest, I have a subscription and read this recently). They rated the motorcycle jeans. Draggin was rated as "recommended". All had scores by the testers. Check it out.

·
BOTM Winner, August/2012
201 Posts
I like sliders jeans, looking at the pictures they have more Kevlar coverage than dragging jeans or any others I looked at. And only 79.99 plus you can get khaki/cargo versions.

Sent from my Incredibly large, but without the calling ability, iPhone

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Draggin' are made in USA. Sliders are made in Pakistan. Two thumbs down for made outside the U.S., my vote goes to Draggin' and the Diamond jeans.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Draggin' uses the heaviest weight denim. They all use the same abrasion resistant material in the panels. You can put armor in both jeans. Bottom line is Draggin got a recommended rating by MCN, not Sliders. They scored similarly in points (Draggin' one point higher), but the edge was US made and that they are the only MC jean that actually looks like a pair of jeans.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Draggin' are made in USA. Sliders are made in Pakistan. Two thumbs down for made outside the U.S., my vote goes to Draggin' and the Diamond jeans.
Sorry to Bust the Bubble Heater ... Draggin is an AUSSIE company and their Jeans, well at least mine, are MADE IN AUSTRALIA :)

Not everything awesome is made in the Ol' US of A LOL..

No association just a proud Aussie very happy to promote a mob prepared to do it right and retain the manufacture here rather than send it to cheap labour asia .. happy to pay a bit more for that..

http://www.dragginjeans.net/

Cheers

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got sliders but Dayuum are they really baggy. When I wrecked my bike this year my Levi's shredded in pieces and what didn't tear the emts cut off of me. It sucked! I do wanna order some draggins and try them out.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts