Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone in here belong to a *COLOR FLYING* club or organization? Not necessarily bike specific, just a group of riders that get together for the enjoyment of riding/socializing in a herd.

I'll start off with my group; The Hanford/Coalinga Slo-Mos

We are a mixed (gender AND bike types), bunch that got together through a mutual industry------construction trucking. The name : *Hanford/Coalinga*, is the two towns that the membership lives in. The second part of the name : *Slo-Mos* is short for *SLOW MOTION*. Meaning we don't ever get in a hurry when we are on a ride. It might take us 12 hours to travel 200 miles. But when we get home, it's with a smile on our faces and the knowledge that we did what we wanted to do in the way we wanted to. We wear our colors when we ride as a group, only.

Any others out there??

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Boy, does this scream "Wild Hogs" or what? I still dig that movie, ha! Just a bunch of friends from younger days or common ways getting together for the "big ride".

I used to be part of Goldwing organizations, but not since I received this Vulcan (though I have not been able to ride it much).

Part of this thread is to show your "colors" if you have 'em (I always like the creativity).

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not quite *WILD HOGS*........we're a little older than those guys and we actually have some Lady Riders in the group. I'll try and get a picture of the back of my vest and post the the club *COLORS* but if you look at my avatar, that's basically it on the back of our vests. We have the club's name rockered over the top and under the bottom that graphic.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well it would be nice to find a crew around here (deep south texas). My friends are either Banditos, PIGS (Pinche Independent Group), DragonSlayers (fire fighters). I can't find a Sprint/Nextel biker group haha

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey robuilt, Try the Patriot Guard Riders, really a bunch of nice folks and do a great service for our military and have a lot of fun at their get together's. Check out S.E.Texas PGR site. Come on.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Wild Hogs LOL, excellent show.

We go out on Certain Saturdays with other riders for dinner rides with folks associated with our local dealership, but that's about it, no official organizations per say, wish we did have one up here, heck we might, were just starting to get into the riding bit again.

Those Patriot Guard Riders sound like a good organizations (retired military here). Our they just Southeast Texas only?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Pgr

No, they are nation wide but S.E.Tx is for the south part of Texas. It's one of the biggest in the nation I believe and I'm very proud to be part of it (ex military also). Come on and try it.

Bk:)

·
Registered
97 Posts
My wife belongs to Women on Wheels which is a national club. Men are allowed to join as associate members and participate in the events. Our chapter is mostly couples in their 40s and 50s who enjoy riding, with a few single women. Mix of bikes- everything from Goldwings to HD's to metrics. They do a lot of nice rides and it's a fun group of people to hang with. We are also considering joining an over 40 group called the Retreads, but after going on a couple of their rides as guests, we're not sure. They seem to stop every half hour for something and a 100 mile ride takes all day.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
After looking around for awhile, I finally found a riding club that was a good fit. I wanted something family oriented that didn't care what you ride(not easy around here). A couple months ago I joined a local chapter of the Southern Cruisers Riding Club, great people, great organization, and a big supporter of St. Jude's Childrens Hospital.
http://www.scrcnational.com/index.asp

·
Registered
109 Posts
Riding club

I wish there was a riding club here in Winnipeg. I am a 43 year old new rider and enjoy and learn alot from this forum.

I am trying to convince some of my friends and neighbors (not always the same thing of course ;)) to take the plunge and get a bike so we can form our own local chapter of Wild Hogs.

Up here in mid west Canada we have a shorter riding season and not the same options for roads/highways so I envy the opportunity you folks have to go on group rides on nice roads. So please do enjoy and dont take it for granted, which I can tell by reading that you dont.

I will be sure to let you know if/when the Winnipeg Wild Hogs actually hits the road!

Ride safe

Scott

·
Registered
72 Posts
i ride with the nyc vulcan riders assoc
they are national as well with quite a few chapters, checkem out

national site vulcanriders.us
you will find links to local chapters in the forums

·
Registered
400 Posts
Wish I could find something like that up here. The Slo/Mos sound like the perfect fit for me! My kind of riding....Ride safe guys and gals!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The average age of our group is about 58. The president is 61 and the vice president (me), is 60. We gotta go slow! We're too old to do it any other way. The weekend of the 10th we are all headed for Solvang to visit the motorcycle museum there and ride the surrounding area. It's beautiful during this time of year. I'll post lot'sa pics.....HEY.....come and join us!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Blue Knights Motorcycle Club....law enforcement club. We do have colors but don't fly em much for obvious reasons. Good guys just out for a ride... all bike make and models welcome along with both genders.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds like a good group, Wolverine. How much actual riding do you get to do up there in cold country? Also, how are you liking (or not), the new 1700??

·
Registered
400 Posts
The average age of our group is about 58. The president is 61 and the vice president (me), is 60. We gotta go slow! We're too old to do it any other way. The weekend of the 10th we are all headed for Solvang to visit the motorcycle museum there and ride the surrounding area. It's beautiful during this time of year. I'll post lot'sa pics.....HEY.....come and join us!
I've been to Solvang but did not know they had a Motorcycle museum....Maybe I will ride down and say hello if I see you guys. Thanks for the invite!

·
Registered
400 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sounds like a good group, Wolverine. How much actual riding do you get to do up there in cold country? Also, how are you liking (or not), the new 1700??
We ride approx. 6 months of the year depending on weather. I had and experience years ago with a frosty bridge deck at 70 mph that I don't want to relive anytime soon. It was just shear luck that I managed to get out of that so I don't push it anymore. There are guys here that ride almost all year round and maybe only lay off for two months but you really gotta love riding to pull that off. This weekend will likely be one of the last rides until spring for me. The cold rain has started and the snow is on the local mountains and starting to creep down so that's about it. As far a the new Voyager goes.... I love it. It's exactly what I was looking for. My wife doesn't come along (still working on that though) so I wanted something a little sportier than that Goldwing. If she ever changes her mind I might be tempted to buy a new Wing but that would only be if she really liked it and wanted to tour on it. Let's face it. The Wing is the Cadillac of touring bikes but I do love my Voyager. It's gonna take me until after Christmas to get the smile off my face!:D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts