Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm only putting this up in here because the 900 forum gets the most looks and I have a 900. I did this scavenger hunt thing with BikeBandit and Firstgear while I was bored at work for a few minutes for a distraction and the prize was $500 in Firstgear gear if you won. I never thought I would win - I'm the epitome of the "guy who never wins anything". Damn if I didn't win. Things have been a bit rough lately and I needed some good gear because I've never had the coin to put out on decent stuff. So, I guess I'm really just giving those two companies some props for being pretty cool by doing things like this. They contacted me quickly and I ended up asking for a Kilimanjaro jacket, some nice insulated, waterproof gloves and some nice boots. They said I should have them in a few days. I thought I should spread the word a bit about this good experience. It did a lot to lift my spirits. That's all - thanks for looking.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not related but when I was on my honeymoon cruise the wife and I won a cruise while playing bingo. Sorry, had to brag.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
First gear is nice quality gear ... appreciate your thoughts on the coat when you get it .... congrats

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I received the things that I asked for yesterday. Amazingly, I guessed right on all the sizes and everything fits perfect. It's a shame I have to cut off 1/2 of a finger on one of the gloves to accomodate my missing finger but a floppy glove finger tends to get in the way. I haven't really looked the whole jacket over yet but will do that today and let you know how it fits, Whiting. First impression is that it's pretty nice.

Tyson, I'd never win anything worth that much but, personally, I'd rather get shot in the foot than go on a cruise. Sounds like a good win for you though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Photo of the free gear that I got. The Kilimanjaro jacket is really nice now that I've had the time to look at it. A lot of pockets and a nice liner. It will definitely be warmer than the old Joe Rocket mesh jacket I have. Looks pretty water-tight too. All the zippers are water sealed. The liner attaches in very well with multiple button loops and velcro at the bottom. Armor feels pretty good as well. One neat thing is that it has a hood uner the collar that you can put on under your helmet to keep water from running down your neck. I almost went with the Jaunt because it's cheaper but it is Polyester instead of Nylon which i thought will probably be warmer when the temps go up. I does have two features that I wish was on the Kilimanjaro and that's a pocket in the back to store the liner in and the hold open shoulder vents. I'd say it's a pretty good jacket and I think you can get them at about $260/ish. I had to go by MSRP which is $299. The gloves are real damn nice. I might even wear them just to wear. Some of the best leather I've felt and the lining is really soft. I would recommend the jacket if you're in the market, Whiting. If you can find somewhere that sells them, have a look.

RIMG0011 by Infinite_Day1, on Flickr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts