Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone had the issue I had today. Started the bike in the morning, no problem drove it for 30 some odd miles parked it a few about 5 hours later went to start it and it would not start. I check the following, the battery fully charged, the off switch in the correct position (run), tried to push start it in 2nd gear did not start and did not even sound like it wanted to start. I tried starting it with the clutch in, the bike in neutral, kickstand up ~ nothing, The started did not even engage all I had was a low sound of the fuel pump running it was not as loud as it normally is. All the gauges would cycle through the pre-start up as normal every time. I tried hitting the started while another person tried to start the bike ~ nothing. then as I was about to give up I hopped onto the bike put the kickstand up pulled in the clutch the bike was in neutral and all of a sudden it came to life and started. I shut it off and restarted it with no problem. drove it home with no issues. Shut the bike down and restarted and it started.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance
Bob

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Houston, Texas
1,703 Posts
Sounds like a loose connection. I would start checking tightness and any signs of corrosion on the battery cables, at the battery and then the other end. If all that checks out I would check the starter switch, a little debris or corrosion could stop it from making a good connection. Let us know if you find anything m

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Maybe this is a clue as you posted -
"I hopped onto the bike put the kickstand up pulled in the clutch the bike was in neutral and all of a sudden it came to life and started " - along with possibly a loose connection or
corroded connection - kickstand switch?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone had the issue I had today. Started the bike in the morning, no problem drove it for 30 some odd miles parked it a few about 5 hours later went to start it and it would not start. I check the following, the battery fully charged, the off switch in the correct position (run), tried to push start it in 2nd gear did not start and did not even sound like it wanted to start. I tried starting it with the clutch in, the bike in neutral, kickstand up ~ nothing, The started did not even engage all I had was a low sound of the fuel pump running it was not as loud as it normally is. All the gauges would cycle through the pre-start up as normal every time. I tried hitting the started while another person tried to start the bike ~ nothing. then as I was about to give up I hopped onto the bike put the kickstand up pulled in the clutch the bike was in neutral and all of a sudden it came to life and started. I shut it off and restarted it with no problem. drove it home with no issues. Shut the bike down and restarted and it started.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance
Bob
I’m having the same issues with my Vulcan s, I cannot figure out what’s happening, somehow I move the bike back and forth and it starts. For the life of me I can’t figure it out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.