Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got up early this morning to clean the bike for a charity run, when i was done i went inside to get my jacket and when i came back out the bike waslaying on its side. what a sick feeling, luckily there isnt a lot of damage, bent shifter, already bent it back pretty easy, bent clutch lever, boken mirror, and some nasty scratches on one small quarter sized dent in the tank. Guess its time for that custom paint job now.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Cra&p, what a way to start the day. I don't park in the cycle designated parking at work because the 900 kickstand easily folds and in 30+ years of riding I can't remember to put in gear when parking. Can't wait to see the new paint.

·
Registered
164 Posts
That's a real bummer!:( I can imagine how P. O.ed you must have felt. Yeah, repair that dude and get that bad a-- paint job you've always wanted. When you're back on the road like that, you'll forget all about that sick feeling when you saw her down!:) Does everyone leave their bike in gear when parking? I never do, but maybe I should, huh? :eek:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sorry Ronco9, I know that sick feeling myself :eek:- I let my 1500 fall over and it was from forgetting to put the kickstand down at all..... smart huh :confused:

I almost let if fall another time on a slightly sloped parking lot (kickstand down this time) when it tried to roll forward. I always leave mine in gear now unless I know it is absolutely flat. It is cheap insurance.

Good luck with the paint job and repairs

·
Registered
445 Posts
I always Park mine in 1st one of the things they taught in safty corse they kept saying get in the habit never know what will happen and if it falls over then you know it's not something you did and it helps keep the grimlins away.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep from now on it gets parked in gear, ive parked in in netural up till now in that very spot with no trouble. the one think im gratefull for is that my 3 year old wasnt near it when it fell. HE loves to check it out im always chasing him away from it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tore the bike apart today, new paint will be tommorrow, hot candy raspberry, with either black or ghost flames, going to cut out the flames in vinyl again but use it as a mask so i can paint them on this time around. never sprayed any candy before wish me luck..

·
Registered
52 Posts
RHKman....I also have a 99 VN800b4 classic...I just got it a month ago. It is stock except for the seat. How do you like the floorboard? I've been considering those. Also I would be most interested to see pictures of your bike. Sounds like a lot of great mods.

p.s. I'm going to take the advice on 1st gear parking! I took the rider safety couse 12 years ago and I don't remember hearing that

All the best....steve

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hey Stevieb I love my bike floor board are great you'll love them. If you want to see pics I have a few in members gallery.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've just owned my custom 900 for a few weeks and I'm finally getting in the habit of parking it in 1st. I did almost get off my bike once with the kickstand still up, got distracted getting into work. Hope the new paint looks good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I park in gear and arrange the situation so the front wheel is either level with or higher than the back. Keeps the side stand from folding up and I never have to back uphill - either drive out or roll back. There's a guy at work who parks his Road King facing downhill and I shake my head every time I see it.

Post pics of the new paint?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts