Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family is planning our first bike trip. Nothing major, about a 530 mile loop all on back roads around Kansas that'll take about 3 days. We've lived here for 16 years and there's alot of things we've never seen reguarding the history of our state so there's going to be a bunch of stops at way out of the way places. If all goes well, it'll be just bikes, no chase vehicle. My wife and I will be on my VN900, my oldest son on a VN500, and my youngest son will be on his 1st bike, not sure what that's going to be yet:p My question is, what would you take? What do you consider "must haves" for these types of trips?

·
hasbeen
258 Posts
I've taken several 3 day trips, I have a bit more space as I use an expandable tank bag, tail bag, and saddlebags.

I wear a 2 piece Joe Rocket waterproof suit and waterproof boots. :) Very important to be dry in my book.

I take normal clothes, on pair of shoes and a pair of flip flops, but try to avoid shirts that look like crap after being crammed in a saddlebag for a couple of days. :)

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're planning several 3 day trips over this summer. We're definatley gonna do some shopping for saddle bags etc. We also need to stock up on some gear, at this point we don't have rain gear and that's a must, dry is good:D We also started planning one for summer of '09(we need time to save some $$:D)that'll cover around 3000 miles, it's gonna be a blast!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts