Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kaw. Vulcan 750
The bike absolutely will NOT start when the temps are below about 65. When the temps are above that, yet the bike is cold, it will start after a bit of fiddling, but only on 1 cylinder. And it's not always the same cylinder. (after it's warmed up, no problems) Makes no sense. Hubby is a mechanic and he doesn't know either, nor does anyone he talks to about it. I ran it all last summer with seafoam and stabil in it, it should be good and clean. What to check? Jets? I don't have any idea where to start with this, and the weather is getting warm!
TIA

redwingbikerchick!:confused:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Silly me

Can you post some pics of the sparks plugs. I'd really like to see them. I take it your compression is OK and the choke is disengaged. Also, no oil leaks! I like a good puzzle!
Thank you
Ray
[email protected]

·
Registered
209 Posts
Can you post some pics of the sparks plugs. I'd really like to see them. I take it your compression is OK and the choke is disengaged. Also, no oil leaks! I like a good puzzle!
Thank you
Ray
[email protected]

Yeah, this is a real puzzler. Somehow, I think the fix is to fix the below 65 starting, which sounds like a enricher issue. Sounds like I said, but certainly may not be. Hummmmmmmmmmmm. :confused:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Shiloh

Here's a shot in the dark. Maybe it's a compression issue. When cold, compression is poor. As the engine heats up the, the metal expands, making a better seal and the compression goes up.
On the other hand. It could be a misalignment of the dilithium crystals.:rolleyes: Causing the matter / antimatter fuel flow to become unstable when entering the injectors.:p Now if you buy that....I have some swamp land in Florida I'd like to sell ya.:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a shot in the dark. Maybe it's a compression issue. When cold, compression is poor. As the engine heats up the, the metal expands, making a better seal and the compression goes up.
On the other hand. It could be a misalignment of the dilithium crystals.:rolleyes: Causing the matter / antimatter fuel flow to become unstable when entering the injectors.:p Now if you buy that....I have some swamp land in Florida I'd like to sell ya.:D
LOL, I almost did buy it, but then I'm blonde! So, I changed out the old battery for a new one and it DID start this morning (aprox 40 deg), so that's awesome. But... it still starts hard, like it almost didn't. Hubby has the exact same bike, Kaw Vulcan 750 just a newer year and his starts right up, every time with hardly even needing a choke. Next... I switch out the spark plugs and see if that helps.

Thanks everyone, now, about that swampland......

·
Registered
63 Posts
Me and My VN750

My VN750 starts OK. It does take a rather long time to warm up!:eek:. When it did, she gave me a very very small time of it trying to start her up. I gave her the standard...bad girl bad girl. She changed her tune and started right up. isn't that the strangest thing:rolleyes:. I was pray for a kick stand to grow from the side of the bike. I heard that burning out the electric starter is very easy to do.
Short bursts 2-3 times, then a 10 minute break and try again.:eek:. You will let us know when you find the gremlin. It sounds like one of those "Believe it or not" type of situations.
Thank you
Ray
[email protected]

·
Registered
63 Posts
VN750 Raising

If they can Raise barns in a day or to or even a week. You all should do some VN750 Raising. ID someone needing help badly. get together. Contact the VN750 needed. Arrange to met and fix there hell out of the bike. You can call your self's the "Mobile Motorcycle Mechanic Monsters Machine". Sounds like one hell of a road trip......for the 5M team to suit up and hit the road. Remember not to let snow, hail, rain or what every stop you.
:cool: If this message should fall into the wrong hands, IE; Honda's, Yamaha, Suzuki and yes even Harley Davidson the Kawasaki Forum and this forum VN750 will disavow any and all know of this message. This message will not be repeated.
Thank you:cool:

·
Registered
63 Posts
One Cylinder Start

What ever happen to the bike that starts on one cylinder. What was the sickness? Was it low compression, spark plugs, oil leak? Maybe it wasn't what was going in the chamber but rather what was not coming out????
Thank you
Ray
[email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts