Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My VN2K seems to want to veer to the left..it has 2800 miles on it, I bought it as a new 2008 carryover with 0 miles on the odometer, bike has never been down or over big potholes, etc.

Do your bikes track straight if you take your hands off the bars?

Since it veers to the left, if the rear wheel was out of alignment, which way would the front of the rear tire need to be adjusted?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Got a buddy that bought an 06 VTX 1800 leftover two years ago and had a similar symptom as you do. As he put more miles on it the tires cupped so bad that the vibration was unbearable. He finally fitted the X with new rubber. We never could figure out why these tires cupped but chalk it up to changes in enviroment, storage or ??. Hope I didn't alarm you...keep the pressure to spec.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Just wanting to play in traffic..

My VN2K seems to want to veer to the left..it has 2800 miles on it, I bought it as a new 2008 carryover with 0 miles on the odometer, bike has never been down or over big potholes, etc.

Do your bikes track straight if you take your hands off the bars?

Since it veers to the left, if the rear wheel was out of alignment, which way would the front of the rear tire need to be adjusted?
Check the alignment by jacking up the bike and taking a piece of string from the front of the front tire to the rear of the rear tire on both sides of the bike. (You may need a friend to help you do this). Keeping the front tire straight hold the string to the front of the front tire and bring it to the rear of the rear tire. If everything is aligned the string should touch the back of the front tire and the front of the rear tire at the same time as it touches the rear of the rear tire. Both sides should be checked to insure that the front wheel is straight. Don't adjust the rear wheel alignment without adjusting the drive belt. If the front shocks are "unbalanced" with each other this will cause that pull as will one brake caliper dragging more than the other on the front wheel. A bent front fork will cause this as well as the triple tree being bent or too tight. My 2006 V2k as well as my 2010 Voyager track true.
Hope this is of some help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts