12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Year: 1996
Model: VN800A
Eng size: 800
Pipes: V&H
Seat: Granucci
Wheels: Stock
Accessories: Bagger kit, Front fender, Batwing, etc.
And the story: I've always wanted a harley, but could just never wrap my head around the idea of paying that much. After reading the reviews on most of them, they aren't much more reliable than any other bike and more expensive to fix. What sucks is most aftermarket parts like bagger kits, big wheel conversions, mods, etc. are only made for them. So I seen this bike on craigslist and it only had 6k original miles and it was 18 years old at the time. After talking with the owner, he was old and just couldn't ride anymore so he sold it to me for 3 grand. After riding it for a year, I decided to get creative and make it look unique to my style. It's far from done, I need warmer weather to get the fabrication going and get it painted. But seeing as no one is posting any bikes on here, I thought I would help get the thread going.

Congrats Helvetic!

>>>Private Message sent to you<<<

·
Bike Of The Summer Winner 2017
18 Posts
I've been testing different colors to see which one I like the best before i get it professionally done with some good artwork involved in it. I loved the blue and its's still my top pick, but I wanted to try a few different colors before i shell out thousands on it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Sharp ride... Congrats!

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,907 Posts
I've been testing different colors to see which one I like the best before i get it professionally done with some good artwork involved in it. I loved the blue and its's still my top pick, but I wanted to try a few different colors before i shell out thousands on it.
You should look into having it Hydro-dipped. I'm sure there are (quality) companies in your area doing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts