Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Congrats Shores!

>>>Private Message sent to you<<<

My son and daughter decided to both get their endorsements several years ago. I then bought them this 1995 Vulcan 800A that wasn't running for $1100. All it took was a battery and new coil wires to get it running. Also changed the sprockets for taller gearing and installed new Shinko 777 tires with Ride On balancing fluid inside. Both kids rode it several times, Logan dumped it on his maiden voyage and back to college they went. So...the bike really became mine along with my 2008 1700cc Yamaha Roadstar. Just got it back together this week. When Logan dropped it at low speed it put a ball size dent in the side of the tank. Instead of repairing it, I dished both sides with a rubber mallet and rusted the dishes with chlorine. Also rebuilt the front end with new bushings and oil, added fork boots, polished the lower fork tubes, painted it, added some vinyl pinstripes, installed a smaller tail light and blacked out some chrome. Had previously shaved down the ridiculous duck tail on the rear of the seat. Got a set of rear shock dog bones I have cut and need to weld to lower it.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
GoodLookin' MotorBike, Shores!

Congrats, my friend!

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Congratulations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts